Welcome to GTAPoliceMods

Welcome to GTAPoliceMods, like most online communities you must register to interact or post within our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Guests can NOT download files. This is to prevent bots and malicious users. If you wish to have these restrictions removed, you can create an account or signing in. By signing up you gain the ability to...

• Download and upload unlimited files
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Upload Gallery Images
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Thoughts on RAW?

I have heard a lot about this new open-world game named "RAW". Many people have made youtube videos and articles regarding the announcement and whether or not it's a legit game.
A few weeks ago I kinda stopped looking into the game however I came across this article (here) stating that Kickstarter has suspended their campaign.
I want to hear the communities thoughts on this upcoming game and whether or not you feel it's a legitimate game.
Ray

• Like 1

Oh boy we had this conversation the other night haha. However last week I've been checking up on their discord however each time I check, I don't see any Developer online nor do I see pictures or updates on the game. They only announced about their IndieGoGo campaign. I do think the game got hyped up based on their trailer, which was really good put together, but it lacks to show the actual game mechanics.

They also promise too many things, I rather for them to have the base part figured out and performance at its best and then they can expand on new and better features. 

• Like 1

ZRmcT5i.png

Community Moderator | Forced to listen to @- Trent - Sing | Programmer | Twitter.com/NotCamSlice

Posted (edited)

Its going to be another Identity, it looks good people support it. When release rolls around its horrible, game is buggy, vehicles are clunky and not natural. If it is going to support modding and it get popular I guarantee its because of the modding community doing all the work for the Devs. That's just how it looks in my eyes though.

I don't think it is going to be anything like the show or talk about.

Edited by Rys
  • Like 2

Yeah I remember seeing this a few weeks ago around the time the kickstarter was suspended. I honestly think it is too good to be true. From what I have seen in their discord and around the net, there are only 2 developers working on the project. That is a lot of work for only two developers. I would honestly forget about it until or IF it even comes out. Identity has been out for years but I have yet to see it actually make any ground. I would say there will be GTA VI with FiveM servers on it before any of these games come out. 

9 minutes ago, TheKodah said:

Yeah I remember seeing this a few weeks ago around the time the kickstarter was suspended. I honestly think it is too good to be true. From what I have seen in their discord and around the net, there are only 2 developers working on the project. That is a lot of work for only two developers. I would honestly forget about it until or IF it even comes out. Identity has been out for years but I have yet to see it actually make any ground. I would say there will be GTA VI with FiveM servers on it before any of these games come out. 

I feel like the Gta VI thing is a stretch, but for sure when the game comes out *if it does* FiveM will already be doing what they are doing.

16 minutes ago, NotCamSlice said:

Oh boy we had this conversation the other night haha. However last week I've been checking up on their discord however each time I check, I don't see any Developer online nor do I see pictures or updates on the game. They only announced about their IndieGoGo campaign. I do think the game got hyped up based on their trailer, which was really good put together, but it lacks to show the actual game mechanics.

They also promise too many things, I rather for them to have the base part figured out and performance at its best and then they can expand on new and better features. 

If they do come out with it and it is just like the trailer and how they say, I do feel like something is going to completely ruin the game for people like performance or something along the lines, with games like these most the time if something big happens at launch, there is no coming back from it. Same for AAA games like Battlefront 2, people hated it at launch and I've only recently heard that it isn't as bad anymore.

5 minutes ago, Rys said:

If they do come out with it and it is just like the trailer and how they say, I do feel like something is going to completely ruin the game for people like performance or something along the lines, with games like these most the time if something big happens at launch, there is no coming back from it. Same for AAA games like Battlefront 2, people hated it at launch and I've only recently heard that it isn't as bad anymore.

Yeah I agree. I am at the point where I think things would be cool, I enjoy the games that I have like FiveM, and I will wait till I see what developers actually make. Kickstarters can be good and bad at the same time.

You see, in my opinion, that is the issue with small to medium size gaming companies. They over promise and under deliver. What type of gaming company lists ALL their features that the game will have... What happens if they can not deliver said features on release? That would be a huge PR issue. You never see Rockstar Games giving everyone the features list for their games because they know that it's never a good idea to promise features to your fans.
I still have hopes, but I also believe that history tends to repeat its self. This may be one of those situations like Identity...
Ray

• Like 1