Welcome to GTAPoliceMods

Welcome to GTAPoliceMods, like most online communities you must register to interact or post within our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Guests can NOT download files. This is to prevent bots and malicious users. If you wish to have these restrictions removed, you can create an account or signing in. By signing up you gain the ability to...

• Download and upload unlimited files
  • Access to the Marketplace
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Upload Gallery Images
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Jedahdiah

Jedahdiah's W.I.Ps

1 hour ago, Cli3nt said:

Estimated release?

Well I have one that if all goes well, tomorrow. Then maybe the signs within a week. 

6 hours ago, Idahome Samuel said:

you mention a lot about traffic lights and paths, will you / have you already added functional traffic lights to places like the senora freeway on josuha and union, and grapeseed main street / the great ocean highway and chumash? 

Currently the mod will only replace the existing traffic lights. 

Im working on a smaller mod that will add the missing ones from intersections R* missed, with and enhanced version adding additional lights to some intersections and ‘fixing’ some intersections (I.e. additional lighting). 

Im trying to learn how the intersections work through codewalker. Some intersections are generally messed up, such as all traffic signals going green at once. 

Once I can get that down, I’ll add additional and new signals to intersections with none, and fix the broken intersections. 

Not to be that guy, but are these gonna be lore friendly, and just be like the game signs but recreated? cause i use staniers and the like in my game.

3 hours ago, Romeo8405 said:

Not to be that guy, but are these gonna be lore friendly, and just be like the game signs but recreated? cause i use staniers and the like in my game.

All lore friendly, taken from the routes in game. 

Thanks for making those!

More signs and lore realism in GTA is awesome, I like. 

• Like 1

Okay, so this is for my sense of mind, but also, you guys seem to love updates, so here's my current plan for the SADOT pack.

The mod will be broken up into around 13 different areas, so you can chop and change to what you want, use them all, or simply use the ones that don't make your computer explode.

Mod Bases (required as minimum)

• Vanilla Road Signage: This uses R*'s original signage. Won't be a massive change, just a few clarifications on roads, curves, etc. I'll edit the original Route signs too, as currently there's no Route 68 marker, and the Route 15 marker actually says Route 13...
  • Vanilla Traffic Signal fix: Uses R*'s original traffic signals. Simply adds missing traffic signals to intersections R* either missed, or was too lazy to place down.
    • The junction/intersection codes won't be changed. I have no clue how to modify the paths/nodes for these.

TrafFix Enhanced (Option 1)

• Adds additional traffic signal on top of fixed and original intersections. Helps make the intersections clearer by adding more of R* traffic signals.
    • The junction/intersection codes won't be changed. I have no clue how to modify the paths/nodes for these.

TrafFix Modded (Option 2)

• Mods the original traffic signals into my modded ones, completely with more signs on the arms, and some texture changes.

TrafFix Modded: Additional non-functional signals

• Adds a couple of custom made signals to the map, like flashing signals to warn of Ped Xing ahead, a Ramp Metre (Please just google this) ahead, or the Ramp Metre itself.
  • This won't be functional, unless someone can help me with the junction nodes so we can get them working. Or make a simple script.

Speed Limit Signs (Option 3)

• Adds my modded speed limit signs into the game, and adds more signs to the map, so it's clearer what speed those cars should be going. Some roads are already signed by R*, and I'll merely add some custom speed limits signs as a complimentry to that street.
  • Introduces 4 new areas for a speed limit 'areas':
    • Mirror Park Neighbourhood speed limit. The entire area is set to a 20MPH speed limit.
    • Los Santos Citywide Speed Limit. The entire city is set to 25MPH unless otherwise signposted.
    • Paleto Bay: The town speed limit is 25MPH. 
    • Vinewood Hills Residence Neighbourhood. The entirity of the Vinewood Hills Residential area is set to 15MPH unless otherwise signposted.
  • These are just signs, AI will still be assholes and some will ignore it.

Route signs (Option 4)

• As I said in previous posts, R* actually has in game routes. Most are not clearly marked, so with this option, added custom signage for those routes are gunna be make and added to the in-game routes.

Rail Signs (Option 5) 

• Many aimed towards Los Santos. Just a few added rail signs at crossings, and where the trains aren't scripted to go, signs denoting 'Tracks not in use' will be implement. Probably the smallest option addon in the pack.

Service signs (Option 6)

• Adds some generic service station signs help guide drivers into them. Choosen sites include: Tataviam Mnts Truck Stop, Procopio Truck Stop, Route 68/Route 1 Gas Station and maybe one smaller one in Los Santos.

Tourist Signage (Option 7)

• Adds custom specific Tourist signs to areas of interest, such as Chiliad Mount State Wilderness, Raton Canyon, Cape Catfish and Grand Senora Desert. Custom 'Trail' signs are gunna be made and numbered too.

Guide signage (Option 8 )

• I know R* already has a pretty extensive network of Highway Guide signs, but I have 22 specific custom signs ready to go, mostly denoting 'distance to', 'route junctions' and exit signs. So a few just for some more immersion.

Lane Management signage (Option 9)

• This is a bold one, and one that AI traffic won't adhere too, so more of an eyecandy option. The plan is to add ground and overhead signage denoting High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes. 

Regulatory Signs (Option 10)

• Adds some additional regulatory signs, like 'Higher Fine Zones' , lane direction and headlight laws.

Warning signs (Option 11)

• Another relatively small option. This would add a few more warning signs to the pool and onto the map. This would include stuff like when a freeway ends, or where a rail crossing is located at a junction.

Hopefully this'll get a fair few of you excited. And don't worry the rest of you, I'm still making cars. Just decided to try something new!

Hope you're all well and thanks for the support as always! 

Love Jed ❤️ 

Edited by Jedahdiah
  • Like 2

I'm not big on map mods, but if it's anything like your other work, I'll check it out. That said, I am most looking forward to when you get back into vehicle mods.

Keep up the great work Jed! the community needs more dedicated & creative developers like you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skyred50 said:

for the nodes/paths maybe you can get help from  TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio he is the guy making the Re-Roading Project.

You're a star! Thank you!

• Like 1

Hey all! 

Thanks to @Idahome Samuel digging through his files, he's found two more of my lost legacy packs!

Here you go: 

Spoiler

Make sure you thank Sam profusly for this!

Enjoy!