Welcome to GTAPoliceMods

Welcome to GTAPoliceMods, like most online communities you must register to interact or post within our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Guests can NOT download files. This is to prevent bots and malicious users. If you wish to have these restrictions removed, you can create an account or signing in. By signing up you gain the ability to...

• Download and upload unlimited files
  • Access to the Marketplace
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Upload Gallery Images
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Ray

GPM Reputation System Explained

New reputation reactions have been added to GPM! Below is a FAQ that explains more in detail what the reputation system is about. 

FAQ

What is the reputation system?
It is the system that we have a place here at GTAPoliceMods that allows members to voice their opinions about another member.

Why do some members have the ability to give more reputation points than others?
The amount of popularity points a user can give depends on the user group of that user. A registered member can only give +1 points (limit of 10 per day). VIP members (and above) have the option of give a reputation value between -3 and +3 (max of 50 per day). The staff team also has the option of giving -3 to +3, however, they have a limit of 100 reputation points per day. Lastly, any management team member can rate from -10 to +10.

Can members ask another member to give them reputation ratings?
Yes, you can ask members to give you reputation ratings. Even outside of GPM!

Can I have my reputation reset?
No. GPM will not reset individual member reputation scores for any reason. Keep that in mind while you interact with members on the forum.

I feel I was abused by the reputation system! How do I report it?!
At the moment there is no way to report reputation abuse. We have systems in place to help prevent abuse by limiting how many reputation points you may give per day. 

What is revenge reputation and is it allowed?
Revenge reputation as defined on Hack Forums "is the practice of getting a negative popularity rating after you have given that member a negative." This is not against the GPM guidelines. It should be common sense that if you give someone a negative reputation rating, you can expect them to retaliate with a negative one towards you... Think carefully about your choices when leaving reputation ratings. If you fear revenge reputation ratings, then reconsider. Staff will not take action on revenge popularity.

Can I get a negative popularity rating removed if it doesn’t make sense or isn’t fair?
You may contact the member that left the popularity rating in order to understand why it was left. However, you may not harass or threaten the member. Staff will not remove popularity ratings.

If a member that left me a negative reputation rating gets banned, can the popularity rating get removed?
Not at the moment. We may come up with a system in the future but for now no.

Different Types of Reactions

Spoiler

All VIP members (and above) can now use the "Super Like" (thumbs-up.png.8ac14fc053e1b134e53aabd688cbe25d.png) reaction which gives the user +3 reputation points (can only be used once per day)

All registered members (and above) can use the "Like" (like.png.7ef698471e4b8fc8992a889ce89e6988.png) reaction which gives the user a +1 reputation point boost.

All VIP members (and above) can still use the "Dislike" (satisfaction.png.b428367d3ec8504eee17dfa07e885a53.png) reaction which gives the user -1 reputation points

All VIP members (and above) can now use the "Super Dislike" (78117576_wrong(1).png.eafb15e75170d7286f8b44260f2f4ac3.png) reaction which gives the user -3 reputation points

All Management Members can now use the "Amazing!" (walk-of-fame.png.4687ef74152dad10f861652e52596d49.png) reaction which gives the user 10+ reputation points (Manager discretion in rare circumstances)

*Special "thank you" to Hack Forums for the idea for the Reputation System on GPM*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Idahome Samuel said:

i like it that GPM actually allows ways to both award and revoke reputation, whereas on other sites your limited to only boosting someone's reputation, really adds a two way street to it. 

Thank you. The goal is to give users the freedom to express how they feel about certain members.

Update: Added "Super Dislike". Can only be used once per 24 hours (VIPs and above).

• Like 1