Welcome to GTAPoliceMods

Welcome to GTAPoliceMods, like most online communities you must register to interact or post within our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Guests can NOT download files. This is to prevent bots and malicious users. If you wish to have these restrictions removed, you can create an account or signing in. By signing up you gain the ability to...

• Download and upload unlimited files
  • Access to the Marketplace
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Upload Gallery Images
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Lost_Soul

How to change ELM textures/colors?

Question

As I work more and more on textures, I find and more that I really need to learn to change ELM colors. Many fire apparatus run red/white only and my pack should be red/white/blue. But despite my tinkering, I cannot get the textures to change to blue. So I am most likely doing something wrong. Any advice is appreciated. ^-^

8 answers to this question

Well, here's the big question.

Did you make the models or are they public ones you downloaded? This will all depend what answer you get. 

I downloaded them, then attempted to change the TXD files with the lights and such. I can show you what I did, but yes, public download as zmodeler2 is being a prat and will not open (something about side by side permissions or something)

Ouch, then from my knowledge and experience there is nothing you can do since it's locked.  If they were ones you made you would be able to go in and map the lights to flash what color you want but since it's a public release, they're mapped to how that person did them so unfortunately  there is no way to make them R/W/B. Sorry about that bud

Gotta go find unlocked models which I doubt exist anymore and an old version of 3DS Max 2010 or 11

They would need model edits (uv mapping) to change colors. I don't think I've done any 3ds tutorials for that unfortunately.

Most of the stuff I have released is unlocked (aside from my last few newer releases): https://GTAInside.com/user/1nickbrick

Most models I have and have released are unlocked models. The error you mentioned is one I have seen on occasion when trying to convert a model from 3Ds to Zmod. I agree with the above about trying to find 3DsMax 2010 or 2011. I still have my KamsMaxScript to do the conversions if you need it.

I'm assuming you're using ELM 1.0 (Nyolc8's) its vehicle configuration can be found at:

GTA_SA_ROOT/CLEO/EL/vehicles.cfg

This lets you edit the colors for each vehicle individually. Here's something I did with a PD vehicle to demonstrate:

Spoiler

sa-mp-072.thumb.png.13444a5deeba50db9b9644cfa9036722.png

Is this is what you mean?

Edited by Standal