Setting up FivePD
Installing FivePD is fairly straightforward. This page shows you how to do so.
Keep in mind:
FivePD requires a database. v1.5.1 does not require an external database, there are two ways to run the database;
SQLite database (Default setting): This type of database runs locally when the gamemode is started.
- NOTE: If you are using ZAP Hosting you will need to use the MySQL version as SQLite causes issues with their systems.
MySQL database: This type of database you must setup yourself and put the connection details into the FivePD config
- In most cases, the database should be installed on the exact same server FivePD is installed on.
- During installation, you will find information about installing FivePD itself, and information about installing a database (if you choose to use the MySQl version follow these as well). It's easy to accidentally change something incorrectly, and FivePD will not work. Follow this page exactly for best results.
- SQLite database (Default setting): This type of database runs locally when the gamemode is started.
- Support is available here.
- GPM is an entirely volunteer based community. We do not have the manpower to offer support for every installation problem. Keep this in mind before asking for support.
- The mod works with the latest FXServer versions.
Setting up FivePD - ZAP-Hosting
ZAP-Hosting users should follow the steps outlined here.
Alternatively, you can watch our ZAP installation video here.
Setting up FivePD - Standard Installation
If you aren't using ZAP-Hosting, you're in the right place. Follow the steps outlined here.
Alternatively, you can watch our FivePD install tutorial here.
Configuring FivePD - Advanced
It is highly recommended to use the FivePD config editor found here.
We also have a video that covers setting up a MySQL database along with most of the configuration files here.