Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ray

Introducing "Content Creator"

Members,
As of today, we have added a new user group on GPM. This new user group is named 'Content Creator' which can be achieved by anyone who meets the eligibility standards below. As a Content Creator, you unlock some unique perks and access that no other member has. This new addition to the community will incentivize those who upload content regularly to work towards something that can be achieved by anymore. Be sure to read the eligibility requirements and what content creators unlock below!

*Please note that as GPM continues to grow, we may add/increase the eligibility requirements and perks*
*If you are a VIP member and are promoted to 'Content Creator,' you will still be set as a 'VIP Member' as your secondary group. You will NOT lose your VIP perks*

Who Is Eligible to Receive 'Content Creator'

• Users with 50+ days registered on GTAPoliceMods
  • Users with 15+ files uploaded to the downloads section
  • Users with 50+ reputation points (positive reputation)
  • Must have a profile picture associated to your account

If you meet these requirements, @GPM Bot will shoot you a message congratulating you on achieving this promotion!

Usergroup Preview

Spoiler

CC2.png.34d803b56af354ba25ca4a63c77eca18.png

CC.png.e783ce32a8d4cfb579789f0630196351.png

What Perks Do I Get?

• Usergroup set to 'Content Creator' on GTAPoliceMods Community / Discord
  • Ability to see who has downloaded files
  • Access to the 'Content Creator' hidden subforum/discord channel
  • Ability to block users from downloading your files (must follow the guidelines outlined in the 'Content Creator' subforum)
  • Ability to download AND upload multiple files at once
  • 25,000 PM Inbox Capacity

Overall we want to make GTAPoliceMods a place where users can work towards something and create incentives for uploading quality content. We hope you enjoy this new update, and if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let us know by replying below.

Thank you,

Ray

Community Director of GTAPoliceMods

Kind regards,

Ray

It takes years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.

Author of the topic Posted
44 minutes ago, Raylan Givens said:

Thank you for such a great opportunity here, I hope to achieve this one day!

2 hours ago, DevinL said:

I am very, very interested in this awesome opportunity. 

Glad you are excited for this!

Kind regards,

Ray

It takes years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.

Honestly I'm not sure what I think about the criteria's. Doing it with "amount of uploads" won't make it a role that's been achieved by hard work... Anyone can upload 30 files, but it most likely won't be good. How about instead of doing a quantity of something, utilize the review system or reputation system as you've already done on the 3rd point. Give the "power to the people" by making the second criteria "users with 30 unique 4 star reviews". Would make it more of a prestigious role instead of something anyone can achieve. 

GPM_Banner.thumb.png.009ef7352c829696c376d3e683caf781.png

Author of the topic Posted
4 hours ago, Billy Johnsson said:

Honestly I'm not sure what I think about the criteria's. Doing it with "amount of uploads" won't make it a role that's been achieved by hard work... Anyone can upload 30 files, but it most likely won't be good. How about instead of doing a quantity of something, utilize the review system or reputation system as you've already done on the 3rd point. Give the "power to the people" by making the second criteria "users with 30 unique 4 star reviews". Would make it more of a prestigious role instead of something anyone can achieve. 

Hi Billy,

I completely agree with you. With that said if you read the eligibility requirements you can see that not only must you have 30 files uploaded, but you also must meet the positive reputation points requirement (150+) and the 50 day registered user requirement. If we only utilize the reputaiton system then anyone with x amount of reputation will be given the 'content creator' role, when in reality it should be given based on reputation, age of account and number of uploads. Sadly IPBoards (forum software) does not have a way to check a users average 'file rating' but maybe one day I can reach out to a private developer to have something custom made for GPM.

As GPM grows we plan on reevaluating the eligibility requirements to make sure it's not too hard/too easy to get (aka: requires work and dedication).

Hope this answers your questions!

Ray

Kind regards,

Ray

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Hi Billy,

I completely agree with you. With that said if you read the eligibility requirements you can see that not only must you have 30 files uploaded, but you also must meet the positive reputation points requirement (150+) and the 50 day registered user requirement. If we only utilize the reputaiton system then anyone with x amount of reputation will be given the 'content creator' role, when in reality it should be given based on reputation, age of account and number of uploads. Sadly IPBoards (forum software) does not have a way to check a users average 'file rating' but maybe one day I can reach out to a private developer to have something custom made for GPM.

As GPM grows we plan on reevaluating the eligibility requirements to make sure it's not too hard/too easy to get (aka: requires work and dedication).

Hope this answers your questions!

Ray

Completely understand, thank you for the good response. 

- Billy 

GPM_Banner.thumb.png.009ef7352c829696c376d3e683caf781.png

5 minutes ago, Ray said:

Update

We have lowered the required upload amount from 30 to 15. Reputation requirement has been lowered to from 150 to 100.

We will reevaluate as GPM grows in the future.

Thank you!

Thank you for the update, look forward to earning this!

Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens | U.S. Marshals Office Lexington, KY 

nBjcUI1.png