This system determines the level of trust that the member has within the community. The system takes into account certain factors of the member to decide how 'trustable' they are. The TrustFactor will show on everyone's profile page and hovercard. It calculates data such as Two-Factor Enabled, Total Content Count, Last Email Change, Last Username Change, Total Warnings (Points Active), Account Age, VIP Member Status, Discord Account Added, Email Account Added, and much more. This system works on a weighted system; in other words, something that would be considered more 'important' would be weighted by a percentage higher than the others. To prevent abuse, staff can not change your trust score, nor will we discuss how the weighted system works.
Just a few points that TrustFactor analyzes:
- IPS Spam Defense Score: This is an internal system that we use that determines the likelihood of a user being a 'spammer'. More info here.
- Warning Points: Total active warning points greater than 1
- Multi-Factor Authentication: Checks to see if you have Two Factor Authentication enabled on your GPM
- Email Account Verified: Checks to see if your GPM account has been verified during registration
- Account Age: Checks to see how long you have been a member on GPM
- Content Count: Checks your total content count on GPM
- Last Username Change: Checks to see how often you change your username/nickname on GPM
- Social Media Account(s) Added: Checks to see if you have Twitter/Discord added to your GPM account
- Usergroups: Checks to see what usergroup you're in
- Reputation Points: Checks your total positive/negative reputation points
** Management will not go more into detail on what exactly the system is checking to prevent abuse. Please note that the system is based on a 'weighted' average per category.
** GPM Trust Factor is subject to change in regards to the weighted system. As we continue to grow as a community, certain factors may make your trust factor go up and/or down.
Overall GPM TrustFactor is here to help you determine the level of 'trust' you or others have within the community. If you are selling content in the GPM Marketplace, we recommend using GPM TrustFactor as a part of your research on an individual or if you're just curious to determine a user's trust score.