The Ban Appeals Committee has a set of policies if an eligible user appeals their account termination. Below are the procedures set forth that will be followed by all current and future committee members. Appeal Committee members are not considered GPM Staff, rather considered as an appointed position. This committee is designed to have checks and balances between management, staff, and normal members.
Policy for Ban Appeals
- The Operations Director will announce all ban appeals within the private committee discord channel.
If the user fits the requirements set forth within the Community Guidelines and is eligible for a ban appeal, a motion to keep the member banned will be set forth, including the user's statement(s).
- If a Ban Appeals committee member believes that the user should be unbanned, this will constitute an objection.
In the event of an objection, a vote will be held, excluding the Community Director, and a simple majority vote is needed for the motion to pass. (51% in favor).
- In the event of a 50/50 tie, a voice chat session must take place for all opposing members and sustaining members to debate their opinions. Upon the meeting's finish, a second vote will be held; excluding the Community Director, in the event of a second 50/50 tie, the Community Director will be the tiebreaker.
- The Operations Director will then document the results and inform the user if their ban appeal was accepted or denied.
Policy for Adding New Members
- The Community Director, with the consent of the Operations Director, will appoint users to the ban appeal committee.
- Nominations do not have to be staff members.