The Appeals Committee consists of six random staff members. One of which is the permeant chairmen of the appeal's committee. Below are the procedures set forth that will be followed by all future committee members. This committee is designed to have checks and balances between management, staff, and normal members.
Procedure for Appeals
- Once an appeal is submitted, the Community Administrative Director will check to ensure that the user is eligible for an appeal based on our Appeals Policy and, if so, will randomly choose five active staff members to partake in the Appeals Committee.
- The Community Administrative Director will then notify the five random staff members and add them to a private internal Discord channel. The Community Administrative Director will then announce all appeals within the private committee discord channel.
Once the Community Administrative Director has added all the new appeal members, the Community Administrative Director will call a motion to keep the member's punishment unchanged and include the user's statement(s).
- If an Appeals Committee member believes that the user's punishment should be reversed, this will constitute an objection.
In the event of an objection, a vote will be held, excluding the Community Director, and a simple majority vote is needed for the motion to pass. (51% in favor).
- In the event of a 50/50 tie, a voice chat session must take place for all opposing members and sustaining members to debate their opinions. Upon the meeting's finish, a second vote will be held; excluding the Community Director, the Community Director will be the tiebreaker in the event of a second 50/50 tie.
- The Community Administrative Director will then document the results and inform the user if their appeal was accepted or denied.