TeamSpeak 5?

NotCamSlice

So last few months Team Speak has been talking about their new version they have been working on for about a year If I can remember. What do you all think about the new TeamSpeak 5? A picture of what it will look like will be below. To me it look's like discord and they have a light/dark version of it as well. Not sure what I think about this however I did signup for their Public Beta version. Let me know your thoughts.

D0REroLU8AIrQgI.jpg

attachment.png

GTAPOLICEMODS.COM
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER | PROGRAMMER
GITHUB

Looks like they decided to mimic Discord. In my opinion it is too little too late. If they would've came out with this closer to the time that Discord became popular then they would've probably kept a lot of fans but since it's so late now, they just look like copycats.

• Management Team
Just now, Kilroy95 said:

@NotCamSlice I hope not. If they do then this will for sure flop. Free servers were the biggest selling point for Discord in my opinion.

Sadly discord servers are not encrypted. Don't get me wrong I love Discord but TS3 was by far my favorite voice communication platform

Kind regards,

Ray

It takes years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.

50 minutes ago, Ray said:

Sadly discord servers are not encrypted. Don't get me wrong I love Discord but TS3 was by far my favorite voice communication platform

Same, TeamSpeak 3 was the OG voice server. Discord is more accessible for users now a days

GTAPOLICEMODS.COM
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER | PROGRAMMER
GITHUB

56 minutes ago, Ray said:

Discord also uses a ton more bandwidth then Teampseak. Back when I had a data cap on my internet (don't anymore, unlimited is the best) if I went over my speed was slowed to 256 kbit/s. Teamspeak was the only thing that manage to still work with that slow of a speed. 

• Management Team
2 hours ago, 0taku said:

Discord also uses a ton more bandwidth then Teampseak. Back when I had a data cap on my internet (don't anymore, unlimited is the best) if I went over my speed was slowed to 256 kbit/s. Teamspeak was the only thing that manage to still work with that slow of a speed. 

Never thought about that... Very interesting. At the end of the day TS3 has way more customization options than discord. However I think TS5 is kinda late to the game at this point...

Kind regards,

Ray

It takes years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.

I still love TS3 and prefer using it for RP things. I have even begun to consider incorporating Zello for Emergency Services radio since you can't step on each other during traffic. IMHO, TS still wins in VC since it can be locally hosted and doesn't have to rely on "public hosts" and the Discord bandwidth restrictions. Discord is fine for use as a smaller community Forum with VC capability, but I don't like it for RP.

Archived