The Good News Feed

We hear and see a lot of not-so-pleasant things happening around the world, and sometimes I find myself thinking about how it's becoming harder to hear about the good things that are going on.

So, with that being said, every now and again I'll post a positive news story to try and brighten your news intake a little. It won't change the world, but who knows... maybe you'll learn something new or at the very least find it somewhat interesting.

The latest story that I have come across will always be featured so you can quickly see it.

If you come across a positive story that you think could be shared here, feel free to post it! :snailblink:

• Like 1

Zenitae

Community Team Moderator

Support Forum | Community Guidelines | Community FAQ | FivePD FAQ

____

Thank you for wanting to know more than you did yesterday.

Title

7 year old saves choking classmate after watching medical TV show

Summary

David Diaz Jr. learnt the Heimlich manoeuvre from watching The Good Doctor, and used it on a classmate who was choking on a piece of food.

If you would like to learn more about what to do when someone is choking, check the following articles:

NHS UK: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/accidents-first-aid-and-treatments/what-should-i-do-if-someone-is-choking/

Red Cross: https://www.redcross.org.uk/first-aid/learn-first-aid/choking

• Like 2

Zenitae

Community Team Moderator

____

• Zenitae unlocked this topic
6 hours ago, Zenitae said:

David Diaz Jr. learnt the Heimlich manoeuvre from watching The Good Doctor, and used it on a classmate who was choking on a piece of food.

I believe I remember hearing about this. While it could have gone horribly wrong, I'm glad that it paid off and saved his classmate!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zenitae said:

Title

7 year old saves choking classmate after watching medical TV show

Summary

If you would like to learn more about what to do when someone is choking, check the following articles:

NHS UK: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/accidents-first-aid-and-treatments/what-should-i-do-if-someone-is-choking/

Red Cross: https://www.redcross.org.uk/first-aid/learn-first-aid/choking

Very heartwarming indeed. This indeed made my day! Excited for the next upload!

• Like 1

Title:

The Tech Fairy: No wings or wand required.

Summary:

A man known as the "Tech Fairy" takes old or damaged computers, gets them in working condition again and then distributes them out to his local community. An example of people who have received them are low-income families who use the devices to expand their job skills, learn new things or support their children with their schoolwork. He does this at no cost and encourages others to get involved.

Zenitae

Community Team Moderator

____

7 hours ago, Zenitae said:

Title:

The Tech Fairy: No wings or wand required.

Summary:

A man known as the "Tech Fairy" takes old or damaged computers, gets them in working condition again and then distributes them out to his local community. An example of people who have received them are low-income families who use the devices to expand their job skills, learn new things or support their children with their schoolwork. He does this at no cost and encourages others to get involved.

This is excellent! Especially good for areas that have school systems that may not necessarily have the budget to afford laptops for their students. Hopefully more people hop on board this community effort to get even more opportunities for people in need.

Title: Soldier surprises his mom with a homecoming

Summary: A serving armed forces member surprised his mom while she was out getting groceries. The entire interaction is a pretty wholesome experience.

Zenitae

Community Team Moderator

____

59 minutes ago, Zenitae said:

Title: Soldier surprises his mom with a homecoming

Summary: A serving armed forces member surprised his mom while she was out getting groceries. The entire interaction is a pretty wholesome experience.

I actually love watching compilations of this on YouTube. Its such a sweet gesture for parents/children of the soldier that have been missing them.

• Community Administrator

Love these ❤️

• Like 1

Luckysig.png

GTAPoliceMods Community Administrator

1 hour ago, Zenitae said:

Apologies for the lack of posting... I've been away for a little while, but now I'm back! 😄 

Title: Nepal Wild Tiger Population Triples

Summary: The wild tiger population in Nepal was facing extinction, so measures were put in place to protect them. A recent survey found the population had almost tripled, which is excellent for the ecosystem and wellbeing of the tigers.

That's great news! Too bad they didnt clarify which tigers it was. I would love to know which ones gained in population.