$200 Steam Giftcard Raffle | Sponsored by TF1A3 ×

Livery won't work

KazumiY

Reason for Locking
No response within 48 hours. If the issue persists, open a new thread.

By Alex W., on 05/06/22 02:35 PM.

Question

Hello, thanks for taking your time to try and help me.
I have read a lot of Forum posts on this topic and made sure to follow all steps, yet it isn't working. Let me show you what i mean.

First of all my flags are set correctly my vehicles.meta file contains those flags;

<flags>FLAG_IS_OFFROAD_VEHICLE FLAG_HAS_LIVERY FLAG_EXTRAS_REQUIRE FLAG_EXTRAS_STRONG FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT FLAG_EMERGENCY_SERVICE FLAG_IS_BULKY FLAG_HAS_INTERIOR_EXTRAS</flags>

so "FLAG_HAS_LIVERY" is in there.

The File of the vehicle also came with a template file which i used to work on. I also tryed to replace my new made livery with "bmwx5_sign1" and it works, but doesn't support multiple Liveries either like i wanted to add for the vehicle. 

Screenshot 1 - File structure - i just added this one due to me never working with a "data" folder before on any vehicle. Yet if i try to place the meta files in the BMW-x5_medic folder it won't spawn in. 
Screenshot 2 - meta files - i just figured i put it there too, should contain all the files and i checked them aswell they are correctly labeled to the vehicle.
- Screenshot 3 - OpenIV Liveries - just to show there are 2, and they are named correctly. already tryed uploading it as DXT5/DXT1 and with different MipMaps levels even tho it shouldn't change anything
Screenshot 4 - In Game - That is what i see ingame, the vehicle spawns with whatever "bmwx5_sign_1" is and does not have any other available Liveries.

I would be very thankful for any help. 

EDIT: This is just my local hosted server on which other vehicles i made liveries for worked perfectly fine.

filestructure.png

meta files.png

liveries.png

ingame.png

Edited by KazumiY

4 answers to this question

I'm assuming this is for GTA V singleplayer, yes?

If so, go into your carvariations file, check to make sure that the car has the multiple livery slots enabled. To do this:

1. Find the <modelName> that applies to your vehicle. For example, <modelName>bmwx5</modelName>
  2. Change some of the livery slots from "false" to "true". How many you change is up to you.
  3. Apply the liveries according to those slots. Sign_2 would be the second slot, sign_3 would be the third and so on.

However, I don't think all vehicles support multiple liveries, which could be the case here. I may be wrong about that though.

Zenitae

Community Team Moderator

Support Forum | Community Guidelines | Community FAQ | FivePD FAQ

On 3/26/2022 at 9:10 AM, KazumiY said:

Hello, thanks for taking your time to try and help me.
I have read a lot of Forum posts on this topic and made sure to follow all steps, yet it isn't working. Let me show you what i mean.

First of all my flags are set correctly my vehicles.meta file contains those flags;

<flags>FLAG_IS_OFFROAD_VEHICLE FLAG_HAS_LIVERY FLAG_EXTRAS_REQUIRE FLAG_EXTRAS_STRONG FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT FLAG_EMERGENCY_SERVICE FLAG_IS_BULKY FLAG_HAS_INTERIOR_EXTRAS</flags>

so "FLAG_HAS_LIVERY" is in there.

The File of the vehicle also came with a template file which i used to work on. I also tryed to replace my new made livery with "bmwx5_sign1" and it works, but doesn't support multiple Liveries either like i wanted to add for the vehicle. 

Screenshot 1 - File structure - i just added this one due to me never working with a "data" folder before on any vehicle. Yet if i try to place the meta files in the BMW-x5_medic folder it won't spawn in. 
Screenshot 2 - meta files - i just figured i put it there too, should contain all the files and i checked them aswell they are correctly labeled to the vehicle.
- Screenshot 3 - OpenIV Liveries - just to show there are 2, and they are named correctly. already tryed uploading it as DXT5/DXT1 and with different MipMaps levels even tho it shouldn't change anything
Screenshot 4 - In Game - That is what i see ingame, the vehicle spawns with whatever "bmwx5_sign_1" is and does not have any other available Liveries.

I would be very thankful for any help. 

EDIT: This is just my local hosted server on which other vehicles i made liveries for worked perfectly fine.

filestructure.png

meta files.png

liveries.png

ingame.png

The livery shown in the in-game picture is that within the YTD file when you searched for the "bmwx5_sign_1/2"?

Posted (edited)

Yes the vehicle came with the livery shown in the picture and was labeled in the YTD file already as "bmwx5_sign_1" i didn't have to rename it. It also came with a Template file /UV Map.
after seeing that i was confident i could just work out a second livery.

I than added "bmwx5_sign_2" and noticed it didn't work, went over many forum posts and videos and couldn't figure out what the error was.

Edited by KazumiY

Content Lock Notice Visual

This content has been locked by the GPM Community Team. If you feel this was a mistake, please report this reply with a valid reason.

Alex W.

Community Team Moderator