$200 Steam Giftcard Raffle | Sponsored by TF1A3 ×

Setting up FivePD server without port forwarding help

HarmlessTechnology

Reason for Locking
Solved. Please open a new thread if you are experiencing further issues.

By Lucky, on 02/15/22 12:34 AM.

Question

This is my first post, so apologies if I have done something wrong. So I have a FivePD server set up. While port forwarding would be ideal, I have no way to set up port forwarding or access a router. The workaround I have been using is RadminVPN, which has worked well enough. However, I would prefer if it was not necessary for client side programs to be installed. I have been looking into playit.gg as an option but have been unable to set it up with FivePD. (It did work for Minecraft though) So my question is how would I set up the server to use playit.gg or is there a way to get around port forwarding that would work better and not require client side software to be installed. I appreciate any help.

7 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, HarmlessTechnology said:

I believe I did, however just to confirm, what ports do I need to let through? I already have exceptions for 30110-30120 TCP and UDP for outbound and inbound traffic.

Also, the reason behind not doing port forwarding is that I have 0 access to my router and it's settings.

Update, Nikyus has been working as far as localtonet goes, however I still can't connect to the game client side.

Update on that, I have it working now, thank you for your help.
For anyone with this problem, I used this:

https://nikyus.com/en/

It worked quite well, and got around port forwarding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarmlessTechnology said:

I am trying to find a free solution so I wasn't using ZAP hosting. Also the reason behind not using a VPS. Haven't found any good free ones. Playit.gg is the best potential solution I have found, however it isn't working yet. Another solution I found that seems promising is Nikyus, however localtonet has not been connecting.

Have you tried allowing the ports through your firewall? Port forwarding may not be required and in most cases isn't but you do have to allow the connections through your firewall

3 minutes ago, HarmlessTechnology said:

This is my first post, so apologies if I have done something wrong. So I have a FivePD server set up. While port forwarding would be ideal, I have no way to set up port forwarding or access a router. The workaround I have been using is RadminVPN, which has worked well enough. However, I would prefer if it was not necessary for client side programs to be installed. I have been looking into playit.gg as an option but have been unable to set it up with FivePD. (It did work for Minecraft though) So my question is how would I set up the server to use playit.gg or is there a way to get around port forwarding that would work better and not require client side software to be installed. I appreciate any help.

ZAP hosting is the offical FiveM server host. You can also rent a VPS and set it up like you would a local host

I am trying to find a free solution so I wasn't using ZAP hosting. Also the reason behind not using a VPS. Haven't found any good free ones. Playit.gg is the best potential solution I have found, however it isn't working yet. Another solution I found that seems promising is Nikyus, however localtonet has not been connecting.

Edited by HarmlessTechnology

14 hours ago, Grandpa Rex said:

Have you tried allowing the ports through your firewall? Port forwarding may not be required and in most cases isn't but you do have to allow the connections through your firewall

I believe I did, however just to confirm, what ports do I need to let through? I already have exceptions for 30110-30120 TCP and UDP for outbound and inbound traffic.

Also, the reason behind not doing port forwarding is that I have 0 access to my router and it's settings.

Update, Nikyus has been working as far as localtonet goes, however I still can't connect to the game client side.

Edited by HarmlessTechnology

• Community Administrator

Content Lock Notice Visual

This content has been locked by the GPM Community Team. If you feel this was a mistake, please report this reply with a valid reason.

Luckysig.png

GTAPoliceMods Community Administrator