Just a discord tip

Grandpa Rex

Question

I noticed when someone is banned that is posts in the channel the command was used like most bots.

I think the reason is because you have to @ them in the command for it to work. Well there is a way to @ someone without them being able to see the text of the channel.

First off your discord needs to be in developer mode, this doesnt change any user interface or settings. To do this go to settings -> behavior and check the developer mode.

Now you can right click on someone and hit copy id and it will copy their discord id to your clipboard.

Now you can go to any text channel in the discord and use this command

<@!idhere>

Obviously replace idhere with the id and it will @ the person wherever you type that

So if you wanted to test this then copy and paste this and will @ me even if I can see that channel like staff channels. I won't be pinged if it in a channel I dont have access to.

<@!661068310774808576>

Just a tip if you wanted to start keeping the bot bans in a staff only channel for say logging. If not well now you know so if you ever need it in the future!

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet