$200 Steam Giftcard Raffle | Sponsored by TF1A3 ×

mike_art03a - 12 Days of Staff-Mas | Day 1

Conway

• Community Administrator

ivaCYAq.png
YmqZTe0.png

mike_art03a

@mike_art03a is the current Community Administrative Director of GPM. Mike is one of the original staff members during the relaunch of GPM back in July of 2019. He was made System Operations Director due to his background in IT. More recently, with the ever changing landscape at GPM, his duties now also include other various administrative functions that necessitated in the change in his title to Community Administrative Director. However, if Ray breaks something, it's Mike's job to fix it and make sure the site/server keep running.

As the resident tech-wiz of GPM (and outside of GPM), what is the worst thing you've had to fix?
"Over the course of my IT career, I've had the misfortune of fixing many a nasty computer... From systems having nasty dust problems, to systems that have had cockroach colonies living in them. The worst being that someone's cat had been urinating on their computer for months/years at a time and it just soaked into the hardware, eventually killing the system. I will not forget the smell... How the owner did not smell it was beyond me, the ammonia odor was strong and I walked off the job there. That was the first, and probably the only time I walked off at the start of a job."

What do you enjoy/dread most about the holiday season?

"Everyone always asks what I enjoy or dread about the holidays, and to be frank, I don't really have a like or disdain for them. If anything, I tend to get irked at the activities surrounding the holidays as people get really nutty and start to forget how to drive, be polite, etc."

You've been here from the beginning, how has the journey of GPM growing to nearly 100,000 members been like for?

"Since GPM's started, it's been a rather interesting ride. I've had to adapt our services for the increasing traffic, in addition to being able to allow FiveTwelve (our lead developer) room to be able to add functionality to the site without impacting overall performance and stability. I've also learned a few new skills as this is probably one of the biggest communities/site I've had to manage a server for in a long time. So yes, there's a been a few hiccups along the way because I goofed up on configuring something." Mike also notes though there many have been plenty of hiccups/bumps along the way, it's been pleasant working on GPM.

What do you look forward to in the New Year?
"In the coming year, I'm hoping things keep on going the way they are for GPM, and hopefully surprises are kept to a minimum. As for myself, my wife and I are looking for a new home to call ours, and potentially start a new family."

We asked @RayWhat is your best memory of @mike_art03a and how it's like working with him?
"Other than myself, Mike has been a staff member since day one of GPM. I so much appreciate the work and commitment he's put into GPM. The best memory I have of Mike is when he was just an ordinary staff member and stepped up to the plate to rebuild our entire infrastructure of GPM. Not only did he change our backend, but he assisted in rebuilding our server configuration to ensure a smooth experience on our website. Without Mike, I am not too sure how GPM would have survived."

Thank you Mike for all the hard work you've put into GPM since the beginning!

1181375915_ConwayGPMSign(2).png.222b6b96fc398f6107b76f0b800e9e59.png

Community Administrator and FivePD Support Guru

gpm_animated.gif

• Management Team

Always a pleasure working with you, @mike_art03a! Keep up the awesome work 🎅

• Like 2

Kind regards,

Ray

It takes years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.

• Management Team
12 hours ago, Ray said:

Always a pleasure working with you, @mike_art03a! Keep up the awesome work 🎅

I try to do what I can. No guarantees on effectiveness though. 🤣

• Like 1

mike_art03a

GTA Police Mods

Community Administrative Director | GPM Management Team | Professional Lurker

I may not be the most active person on the forums, but I'm still around keeping an eye on things.

If you have any support requests, comments, etc. Feel free to message me here or on Discord. If your request is more urgent or of a different nature (ex. site affiliate), please open a support ticket and it'll be looked into ASAP.

• mike_art03a changed the title to mike_art03a - 12 Days of Staff-Mas | Day 1