$200 Steam Giftcard Raffle | Sponsored by TF1A3 ×

Loss of Key Bindings (Traffic Stop/Jail Waypoint)

JGo2112

Reason for Locking
Solved

By TheCipher01, on 12/26/21 03:19 AM.

Question

Out of the blue, and after several months of successfully using FivePD, the Traffic Stop (Left Shift) and Set Jail Waypoint (O) key bindings have stopped working.  They worked perfectly before and then one day just stopped working.  In order to trouble shoot I tried the following:

Visually Inspected 5M Key Bindings (Jail Waypoint Key is Set to O and Traffic Stop is Missing).  I deleted the Waypoint key and reset it but that didn't help.

Replaced all FivePD DLL 

Restarted Server

Tried From a Different Laptop Computer

Removed All Call Outs

Tried Different Police Vehicles

Drove to Jail with Cuffed Suspect to see if the Blue Jail Cylinder appeared - it did not (basically you can't set a waypoint and you can't put the person in jail).

Reset Configuration.json

Restarted FivePD in Game

The only clue I have is the following screen shot with the noted error:

image.thumb.png.264fc5c41a6d6e04d9c12a88429c2dfc.png

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated - if someone wants to login and try the server let me know and you can see if you get the same issue.

Thank you in advance - love this game and hoping to get it back to ship/shape.

10 answers to this question

I finally figured out the issue - apparently when I added a new Sheriff's station in Chumash the Jail Dropoff coordinates included an "f" in the coordinates.  This "f' caused FivePD to not understand coordinates for not just the jail, but also interfered with stopping cars.  After I removed the "f" from the coordinates everything started working appropriately.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:29 AM, JGo2112 said:

Out of the blue, and after several months of successfully using FivePD, the Traffic Stop (Left Shift) and Set Jail Waypoint (O) key bindings have stopped working.  They worked perfectly before and then one day just stopped working.  In order to trouble shoot I tried the following:

Visually Inspected 5M Key Bindings (Jail Waypoint Key is Set to O and Traffic Stop is Missing).  I deleted the Waypoint key and reset it but that didn't help.

Replaced all FivePD DLL 

Restarted Server

Tried From a Different Laptop Computer

Removed All Call Outs

Tried Different Police Vehicles

Drove to Jail with Cuffed Suspect to see if the Blue Jail Cylinder appeared - it did not (basically you can't set a waypoint and you can't put the person in jail).

Reset Configuration.json

Restarted FivePD in Game

The only clue I have is the following screen shot with the noted error:

image.thumb.png.264fc5c41a6d6e04d9c12a88429c2dfc.png

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated - if someone wants to login and try the server let me know and you can see if you get the same issue.

Thank you in advance - love this game and hoping to get it back to ship/shape.

Hey man from reading that it looks to me like you're using ESX right?

I did go over the instructions in the link - but this is exactly how I installed FivePD to start.  I did also check the integrity of the database ( in regards to assuring the tables and settings are there) and it seems to be correct.  The user ID and Password for the database are correct - I guess I could reinstall all of FivePD from scratch - which isn't that hard to do thankfully - but was hoping to figure out if this was a bug and help others in the future.

What I have tried to date...none of which has worked:

*Rebuilt database.

*Reinstalled FiveM from scratch.

*Disabled Resources

Still no way to use the Left Shift key to perform a vehicle stop - so I am suspecting this is a Zap Hosting issue as I am not sure what else could be the culprit.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use for FivePD RP other than Zap Hosting?  Links appreciated.