FivePD + ESX for non-Zap Hosted servers?

Rio4201

Reason for Locking
Answered

By TheCipher01, on 09/24/21 06:18 PM.

Question

Originally, we wanted to put ESX and FivePD in together, the idea of Civ RP, jobs, an economy, all sound really great in addition to the FivePD side of things, but I've yet to really come across a detailed guide on how to make this happen.  If anyone has a link or any suggestion how to go about that, we'd be thrilled!  

6 answers to this question

• Community Administrator

There's not much else we can assist you with in terms of which ESX to use. We don't recommend using ESX and FivePD so that's up to you on which to use and what to install.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

Not necessarily locking FivePD behind an ESX job, I think we could be fine with it being separate from the esx side of things economically speaking.   But generally, knowing which version of ESX is compatible enough with FivePD, and how to go about installing it. I've already managed to research enough to know 2 separate databases are needed to avoid conflicts, and that controller support won't be possible, but generally getting moving in the right direction would be really helpful. We run a dedicated server using pterodactyl so a non-zap hosting installation would really be a welcome thing at this point.   Then again, we may decide after installing ESX that we'd rather run a straight FivePD server, but I'd at least like to explore that option as its intriguing and offers more content and activity to the players we are hoping to make happy by having it.

On 9/20/2021 at 2:54 PM, TheCipher01 said:

There's not much else we can assist you with in terms of which ESX to use. We don't recommend using ESX and FivePD so that's up to you on which to use and what to install.

I appreciate the response. I did manage to get a hold of someone on the ESX discord who suggested ESX legacy, but that in itself raises questions as the requirements for using ESX suggest that using any of the currently used FivePD/FiveM map options would be incompatible. I spent the last 2 days searching and researching things and still haven't come up with an answer to what map they use if not the ones provided by FiveM but even then, I'm starting to think it's more trouble than it's worth. As much as I think it would be "cool" to have players be able to go off duty, chill at the docks, go fishing, hit the beach, go to an apartment and have a party, sell vehicles, start a dealership, etc, etc etc, I just don't see this being something that can be fully realized.  Maybe this is something I'll revisit later when I have more time to invest in diving into their framework and really taking a hard look at what would need to be adjusted or rewritten.

Edited by Rio4201

On 9/21/2021 at 10:13 PM, Rio4201 said:

I appreciate the response. I did manage to get a hold of someone on the ESX discord who suggested ESX legacy, but that in itself raises questions as the requirements for using ESX suggest that using any of the currently used FivePD/FiveM map options would be incompatible. I spent the last 2 days searching and researching things and still haven't come up with an answer to what map they use if not the ones provided by FiveM but even then, I'm starting to think it's more trouble than it's worth. As much as I think it would be "cool" to have players be able to go off duty, chill at the docks, go fishing, hit the beach, go to an apartment and have a party, sell vehicles, start a dealership, etc, etc etc, I just don't see this being something that can be fully realized.  Maybe this is something I'll revisit later when I have more time to invest in diving into their framework and really taking a hard look at what would need to be adjusted or rewritten.

I mean, locking FivePD to the police job seems like it would be nothing more than writing a small script that locks the FivePD keybinds to the police job.  I've been thinking about this myself as I don't have a big enough community to keep police busy yet and it would help keep them from getting bored and moving on to bigger servers.