A Total of $485 (USD) Was Raised Towards Our 9/11 Fundraiser. Thank You to All Who Made an Impact! ×

Just wow, I never thought my legacy would live on.

daedaelus

Some of you remember me most dont but I am daedaelus i used to run the first GPM way back in the day. I just got shown this and man i just am humbled that a legacy i started with just me and bugs evolved into something so awesome. I was never a web developer and never really intended to make GPM classic it just kinda happened. I tried for years to hang on but honestly it just needed a new beginning like you guys have made it.

Its just amazing to see you guys all these years later keep the name and the same goal and focus i had which really was to provide quality emergency mods and that seems to be the case. I was more in the SAMP days but recently got into fiveM thats how i saw this site was back up.

Anyways just wanted to say good on you glad to see it all worked out.

• Like 3

• Management Team

Hi daedaelus,

Thank you for the kind words regarding the current state of GPM. Our goal and mission have been to offer a platform for all members and be unique from other communities. I've been around the GTA community since 2009 and remember the old GPM and SA:MP days. Since the shutdown of GPM, I've always thought of acquiring the domain and continuing the tradition, which I'm glad I did. With the help of many staff members and members, we have now been online for two years and continue to reach record numbers each week.

I thank you and the other founding members for creating this community back in 2009. It continues to inspire all of us, and we can't wait to see what the future holds.

Kind regards,
Ray
Community Director of GTAPoliceMods

• Like 2

Kind regards,

Ray

It takes years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.

I know i had locked the domain out for a few years but its a shame we probably all lost contact i would have given it to you. Up until a few years ago i actually still had the original GPM server. Just sitting unpluged.

The very first the blade server is on the left this was the main GPM server until a few years later we moved to a colocation. The two smaller silver towers are all storage specially since we hosted some sizeable mods back then. The old busty emachine was designated to backup critical elements such as the SQL. Mind you this was many years ago and at the time i really had no experience or financing all this stuff was donated by community members. Later on when GPM was moved to HE and the old blade server was then hosting what you may remember as Fort Carson SAMP RP and eventually Angel Pine RP SAMP. This was the tiny office dedicated to GPM in the early years.

2014-08-09 19.43.22.jpg

sa-mp-016.png

• Management Team

That's awesome! It's nice to see old SAMP pictures; those truly were the good old days. The GTA community for sure has evolved and grown, but in my opinion, SAMP really had the best RP experience around. Instead of running a SAMP server like in the old GPM days, GPM now focuses on FivePD. A FiveM game mode which is almost equivalent to the singleplayer mode 'LSPDFR.' We, of course, also focus on all law enforcement/emergency modifications too. Funny story, when I acquired the domain name, I used the "Wayback Machine" to see how things were formatted in the downloads/forum section. A lot of our guidelines and features of the site came from the old GPM site. Glad to hear that you're happy your site has lived on and continues to flourish 🙂

Kind regards,

Ray

It takes years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.

I noticed that and im really glad you guys kept the overall color theme. Im way outdated i just got into FiveM but if you ever need anything from me feel free to let me know ill provide it freely to you if i still have it.

• Management Team

Much appreciated! I'll be sure to reach out if we need any sort of assistance. We also have a discord server which you and others are welcomed to join. Look forward to seeing you around!

Kind regards,

Ray