Advice on setting up divisions.

animal

Reason for Locking
Solved.

By Lucky, on 08/19/21 01:36 AM.

Question

I’ve had a good search around the internet and couldn’t find the answer so was hoping someone in here could help.

I would like to add divisions, for example, armed, dog unit, traffic and so on. This giving each division access to different vehicles and weapons. 

while I’m in the support chat I may as well ask the only other question I have and that is, how do I go about changing the vehicle texture on the cars that the AI drive around and parked up. Say I wanted to change the standard toe truck to a London/UK looking truck. 

I appreciate any support/advice anyone can give. 

3 answers to this question

• Community Administrator

Hello,

18 minutes ago, animal said:

I would like to add divisions, for example, armed, dog unit, traffic and so on. This giving each division access to different vehicles and weapons. 

You could utilize the departments tab in the MDT to create divisions if you wish, though there isn't a way to add divisions to an existing department at this time. With departments, several restriction options are available to you, though most of these revolve around what callouts a department might receive and not necessarily what vehicles and loadouts they have access to -- this could be achieved by utilizing custom usergroups with vMenu if you really wanted, or just by creating custom loadouts named for the specific purpose you desire to use them for.

18 minutes ago, animal said:

while I’m in the support chat I may as well ask the only other question I have and that is, how do I go about changing the vehicle texture on the cars that the AI drive around and parked up. Say I wanted to change the standard toe truck to a London/UK looking truck.

For this, you'd need to replace the vehicles used by FivePD with custom streamed resources, or you'd need to change what vehicles are utilized by FivePD for these services by editing the vehicles.json in your FivePD files.

• Like 1

Luckysig.png

GTAPoliceMods Community Administrator

31 minutes ago, Lucky Designs said:

Hello,

You could utilize the departments tab in the MDT to create divisions if you wish, though there isn't a way to add divisions to an existing department at this time. With departments, several restriction options are available to you, though most of these revolve around what callouts a department might receive and not necessarily what vehicles and loadouts they have access to -- this could be achieved by utilizing custom usergroups with vMenu if you really wanted, or just by creating custom loadouts named for the specific purpose you desire to use them for.

For this, you'd need to replace the vehicles used by FivePD with custom streamed resources, or you'd need to change what vehicles are utilized by FivePD for these services by editing the vehicles.json in your FivePD files.

thank you so much for the advice, i will take a look at this and hopefully work something out.

• Like 1

• Community Administrator

content_locked.png

This content has been locked by the Community Team. If you feel this was a mistake, please report this reply with a valid reason.

Luckysig.png

GTAPoliceMods Community Administrator