$200 Steam Giftcard Raffle | Sponsored by TF1A3 ×

Default Rank - SQlite

ConductorWon

Reason for Locking
Solved

By TheCipher01, on 07/20/21 03:18 AM.

Question

Hello everyone,

I am setting up a fresh server and trying to get my departments set up. I want my players to have the ability to jump between departments depending on where they are playing. (I.E. BCSO when in the county, LSPD when in the city) but I want them to be able to change their call sign to match our community standard. The only way I've found to be able to do this is by them having a rank. Is there a way to have a default rank set to each department so when someone joins the department it automatically gives them the default rank?

Just to reiterate, I'm using SQlite.

9 answers to this question

Hello @ConductorWon,

Yes there's indeed a way but the solution i can offer you needs a mysql database.

If you're fine with that follow the steps below.

1st. Log in to your managing software for your database.

2nd. Create the rank ingame using the CAD System.

3rd. In your database look for the colum ranks

there you can change a couple of numbers.
Look for your default Rank in my case Cadet and change the Number from whaterver it states there to 0 and it should work.

Good Luck and Kind Regards,

~ Starian

db_default.png

Does it have to be mysql for it to work? I downloaded the SQlite file for my server and opened it in DB Brwoser for SQlite and I have a rank number column but they are all already 0

I'm trying to avoid mysql because my server is linux based and I would rather not go through the hassle of setting up a GUI and a VNC just to manage the database

I would need to check once i'm at home.

allthough you don't need to use a GUI to manage the database, there are  plenty of programs out there to manage it.

installing phpmyadmin is also a common thing to manage databases.

Yes, both would work on your machine, you just need to connect to it

phpmyadmin is like a website, if you want to use a tool i would suggest HeidiSQL as it is free and easy to use.

Installing a MySQL Database is another thing but there are plenty of tutorials if you just google for them.

Edited by Starian

• Community Administrator

content_locked.png

This content has been locked by the Community Team. If you feel this was a mistake, please report this reply with a valid reason.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator