$200 Steam Giftcard Raffle | Sponsored by TF1A3 ×

Realistic Vehicle Failure

Kamranos

Does anyone know how to get this script to work on AI peds/vehicles. As of right now, a fleeing rusted Tornado can take more damage than my cruiser, but when I get in a civ car, one decent accident is enough to kill it. I've even tried setting the Emergency vehicle damage multiplier to 0 and it still takes more damage than fleeing AI. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, hashbrown said:

I believe adjusting the damage modifier is really the only way to fix that issue. I am away from my PC for a week otherwise I would see what my config looks like.

If you are referring to the damage modifier in the RealisticVehicleFailure mod, I have tested several ways and none seem to effect NPC driven vehicles. For example. I have pushed a fleeing vehicle into a tree at nearly 90mph. it flipped and kept driving. If I get in that same make and model vehicle and hit the same object, the car is disabled.

I don't really understand how the NPCs can go from 'rear ended at 40mph knocks them out' to '150mph crash with no tires and still running' lol  

• Community Administrator

We've been trying to find a way to implement this on my server as well but I've yet to find a reasonable solution that affects NPC operated vehicles. Hopefully someone else has some info on this.

• Like 1

Luckysig.png

GTAPoliceMods Community Administrator

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As others have stated, I am not able to get NPC vehicles to take realistic damage. It seems to me that there hasn't been a modifier on NPC. If you are able to find a solution, I too would appreciate this for a more realistic experience. 

• Like 1