Vehicles or Weapons available by rank or department

Question

So I have spent the better part of two days trying to figure out how to use ranks and how to create loadouts in the config editor. Can someone explain the config format a little better? I tried the "weapon_name" to add weapons and it doesn't work. I tried restricting items to ranks by name and it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated. 

4 answers to this question

I have tried a wide range of different ways to change things in my FivePD config editor but I am stumped. I can add vehicles no problem, but I can't for the life of me restrict them based on rank or department. 

I can't even add weapons to the loudout section nor can I change who is allowed to use the basic weapons loadout. 

what format is needed to add weapons, use ranks or departments? for departments I tried to use the ID and it did nothing.

My weapon loadout page and vehicle page. please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I am running on a VSP and on SQLite if that helps figure out the issue.

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (23).png

1) Don't make multiple threads for the same issue, I've merged this thread with your first thread.
2) If you're an admin while trying to check the restrictions by rank it won't work because you are an admin you have all the perks.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

1 hour ago, TheCipher01 said:

1) Don't make multiple threads for the same issue, I've merged this thread with your first thread.
2) If you're an admin while trying to check the restrictions by rank it won't work because you are an admin you have all the perks.

They were similar not the same, but I get it.

This still doesn't change the fact that even as an admin, none of my changes are working. The weapons I add to loadouts are never available regardless of admin status, rank or not. For example, adding a pump shotgun in the field I can put "0x1D073A89", "Pump Shotgun", or "WEAPON_PUMPSHOTGUN" and none of those add the weapon to the loadout.

This also doesn't answer the "what is the proper format?" question, nor does it clarify what the proper rank and department format should be used. I'm sure to you they sound like dumb questions, but not everyone is as knowledgeable with coding.

I gave you the answer to the questions I knew, I don't use the FivePD menu for spawning weapons, nor have I messed with restricting vehicles by rank, which like I mentioned isn't really possible to test on your own if you're an admin.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator