Rage won't hook

Question

I've been having a problem getting rage to hook into the game after it's been launched through steam. I keep getting the error message "slow system or insufficient permissions". Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

For context, I recently installed NVE and in order to get one of the files to function you need to start GTA 5, wait for it to get to the main menu (where you select multiplayer, singleplayer, all that fun stuff) then you have to back out of that window and start rage. I've gotten it to hook a couple times but a vast majority of the time I get the error message.

6 answers to this question

Hello,

In order to solve this, you need to add the GTA V Main Directory (called Grand Theft Auto V for Steam/Retail and GTAV for EPIC) to the exceptions list for your anti-virus. Below is several guides on how to do that with a variety of anti-viruses.

After that, re-install RPH. Then restart your PC. Try again.

Hope This Helps! 🙂

On 6/5/2021 at 12:34 PM, UnknownBastion said:

Hello,

In order to solve this, you need to add the GTA V Main Directory (called Grand Theft Auto V for Steam/Retail and GTAV for EPIC) to the exceptions list for your anti-virus. Below is several guides on how to do that with a variety of anti-viruses.

Hide contents

After that, re-install RPH. Then restart your PC. Try again.

Hope This Helps! 🙂

I can give it a shot however the only time I ever seem to experience this issue is when GTA is already running. Don't know if that changes anything. The link for McAfee doesn't seem to work. Maybe a different link? 

4 hours ago, Legion_672 said:

I can give it a shot however the only time I ever seem to experience this issue is when GTA is already running. Don't know if that changes anything. The link for McAfee doesn't seem to work. Maybe a different link? 

Yeah, we were informed today that McAfee removed their link for whatever bs reason they have. Here is another one I have found:
https://support.arcserve.com/s/article/201990149?language=en_US

Hope This Helps! 🙂