$200 Steam Giftcard Raffle | Sponsored by TF1A3 ×

FivePD works with sqlite but not mysql

TF1A3

Reason for Locking
Solved

By TheCipher01, on 06/15/21 05:08 PM.

Question

Hello so I use zaphosting as my server hosting platform. When I go to switch the db to mysql fivepd stops working but when i have it as sqlite it works. But when i go to my phpadmin nothing is being tracked or recorded in the database. users doesnt show anyone who has joined the server, pedcitations are not being saved same with depts etc. I run the latest 1.4.1 of FivePD. But i guess what i am asking is am i doing something wrong? I imported fivepd.sql i tried resetting the database and restarting and reinstalling fivepd and nothing works when its under mysql. 

TF1A3

17 answers to this question

• Community Administrator

We'll need error logs to be able to help more, though this is a first because all we've seen is sqlite causing zaphosting servers to crash and not work.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

In that second screenshot FivePD appears to be having issues connecting to the database, but the only other MySQL errors are related to dpkeybinds, I would ensure that those aren't interfering with each other and verify that your information in your config.json matches what zap provides you.

Though honestly if sqlite is working for you, I'd suggest using it.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

If you could get a full screenshot of that mysql error that pops up when fivepd restarts that would help some, cause all I can see right now is that it's having a query error which could be a multitude of things.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

But i have the dept table. fivepd.sql was imported and my config.json is the same as the info in the database section. 

TF1A3

I really dont know cause all i want is for citations to be recorded as well as having access to users that join the server. And from my eyes at least i felt like i did everything correctly but apparently not lol. I mean i could just run it in sqlite and not have those things but it would be nice to run it as mysql as im pretty sure thats how its supposed to be ran through zaphosting

TF1A3

I'm not sure what's not working Zap tends to create issues with FivePD regardless it seems. If sqlite works for you then I would use it, there are programs that allow you to browse the sqlite database such as DB Browser for SQLite (https://sqlitebrowser.org/)

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

Alrighty.. Appreciate Cipher thanks for the help im sorry for all of this but i guess Zap just doesnt like FivePD sadly... ? 

TF1A3

Zap seems to create issues of their own somehow, it is what it is. My only other suggestion would be to once again delete the current database remake it and maybe something will tick and work that time.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

content_locked.png

This content has been locked by the Community Team. If you feel this was a mistake, please report this reply with a valid reason.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator