FivePD works with sqlite but not mysql

Question

Hello so I use zaphosting as my server hosting platform. When I go to switch the db to mysql fivepd stops working but when i have it as sqlite it works. But when i go to my phpadmin nothing is being tracked or recorded in the database. users doesnt show anyone who has joined the server, pedcitations are not being saved same with depts etc. I run the latest 1.4.1 of FivePD. But i guess what i am asking is am i doing something wrong? I imported fivepd.sql i tried resetting the database and restarting and reinstalling fivepd and nothing works when its under mysql. 

TF1A3

16 answers to this question

In that second screenshot FivePD appears to be having issues connecting to the database, but the only other MySQL errors are related to dpkeybinds, I would ensure that those aren't interfering with each other and verify that your information in your config.json matches what zap provides you.

Though honestly if sqlite is working for you, I'd suggest using it.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

If you could get a full screenshot of that mysql error that pops up when fivepd restarts that would help some, cause all I can see right now is that it's having a query error which could be a multitude of things.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

I really dont know cause all i want is for citations to be recorded as well as having access to users that join the server. And from my eyes at least i felt like i did everything correctly but apparently not lol. I mean i could just run it in sqlite and not have those things but it would be nice to run it as mysql as im pretty sure thats how its supposed to be ran through zaphosting

TF1A3

I'm not sure what's not working Zap tends to create issues with FivePD regardless it seems. If sqlite works for you then I would use it, there are programs that allow you to browse the sqlite database such as DB Browser for SQLite (https://sqlitebrowser.org/)

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

Zap seems to create issues of their own somehow, it is what it is. My only other suggestion would be to once again delete the current database remake it and maybe something will tick and work that time.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator