FivePD with a human dispatcher

Hello all. I was just interested in what people's ideas were with using a human dispatcher in FivePD. I see a lot of servers advertise utilizing human dispatchers in their FivePD servers, but I'm not sure if they have a special method of doing this or if the dispatcher simply sits at the station and when they get a callout they forward it on to a deputy (assuming using the Backup feature). I think that this is a viable option, however the caveat being that they would only get calls within the area of that station. For instance, when patrolling Blaine County, when I'm within Sandy and Harmony I get calls in that area. However as I mosey my way towards Zancudo or Paleto Bay I get different callouts for those areas. Is this a setting within FivePD I can adjust so if I'm in Sandy I can get a call to Paleto? If so, I would assume it would have to be adjusted in some way to exclude calls from the city when it's a county dispatcher. Or is there a different/better method to this?

I guess overall my question is what do communities do for their human dispatchers to allow them to send units to calls on various parts of their jurisdiction? Do communities even do this at all and the officers simply call it in to dispatch and dispatch only handles backup requests and officer initiated events? I've been wanting to utilize a resource like OpenCAD or Sonoran to add an extra level to my server, but leave the MDT to the vehicles for license checks, reports, and such. I'm sure some communities are different than others and I would be interested in hearing various methods of this.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2021 at 12:40 AM, flyingaplane said:

Hello all. I was just interested in what people's ideas were with using a human dispatcher in FivePD. I see a lot of servers advertise utilizing human dispatchers in their FivePD servers, but I'm not sure if they have a special method of doing this or if the dispatcher simply sits at the station and when they get a callout they forward it on to a deputy (assuming using the Backup feature).

I think that that is exactly what they are doing. I haven't heard or seen anything different. Maybe some servers use "Player-generated" callouts in a sense that some players act as criminals and start criminal activity. But that's just a theory.