MySql database error

Go to solution Solved by JC_YYZ,
Reason for Locking
Solved

By Conway, on 03/07/21 05:30 PM.

Question

I am having issues with the database for FivePD. When I use "sqlite' as the db in the config.json file, nothing is saved in my database (using the myphp interface). Any departments that I add by importing directly into the database do not show up in the MDT when I log into the game.

However, when I use 'mysql' as the database, everything inside the database works (ranks/departments that I import into the database), but anyone on the server is not able to see anyone else's calls for backup in the MDT (we are in the same department), we can't see ongoing callouts, and everyone shows up as unavailable (to each other). 

Plus, I get this error dozens of times in the console:

[ FivePD ] An error has occured: Could not execute MySql query (SELECT). Error: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Connection which must be closed first.

We are using FivePD 1.4, hosted on a gameserver by Iceline Hosting. Everything else works. I have struggled with this database issue for a few days. Is there something I need to set in the database or the config file that I am missing. I don't know what the open data connection could be or where I would find it.

7 answers to this question

• Solution
27 minutes ago, 97mhensley said:

Essentially what that error is telling us is something, somewhere is utilizing the same port protocol that MySQL utilizes which I believe is 3306 by default. I would tell your server provider this as they can take a look and see if they have any outbound connections on these ports to see if they can re-route them or just do away with them in general. 

Interesting that you point that out. Inside my phpmyadmin dashboard, there is another entry called 'information_schema' which I have never seen before. It appears that it's a separate database that has something to do with my game server (my console maybe?) - My previous host provider didn't have that, so I am wondering if that is interfering? I am reluctant to delete it because I don't understand what it does. I will reach out to my provider. 

Thanks again for all of your help. Makes this community great!

248709654_ScreenShot2021-02-17at11_51_46AM.thumb.png.cfae2feeed380cd8ef88f93dc6fdfcec.png           1253874731_ScreenShot2021-02-17at11_51_33AM.png.d7e107c030afef34845596420a3d5869.png

• Like 1

Hello there!

So first off, there is a big difference between sqlite and MySQL. I would assume since you are checking it utilizing myphp, you want to set it to MySQL as that is how it writes to that SQL database you see in myphp which is a local SQL server. What software are you utilizing for this (e.g. XAMPP or other local sql software)? If you have this set to MySQL, it will save the ranks, data, etc.

As far as that error code, it sounds like you have multiple databases attempting to write to each other. The best way I can think of and offer to fix this would be to do a complete and clean install of FivePD to ensure that your files are clean. Go back into your config.json and change to mysql before you start the resource. Then, I would go into myphp and delete the old FivePD sql database and then re-create a new database and upload the .sql file that comes with the FivePD install.

Another recommendation that I would make is to make sure that you have onesync turned off. I have not heard of many issues happening with mysql and onesync however, I have heard of several issues with backup and onesync enabled.

If you have tried and attempted all of the above steps, I would be more than happy to assist you in taking an additional look at it. You may reach me on discord at Bob Evans #0526

Have a great one!

9 hours ago, 97mhensley said:

As far as that error code, it sounds like you have multiple databases attempting to write to each other. The best way I can think of and offer to fix this would be to do a complete and clean install of FivePD to ensure that your files are clean. Go back into your config.json and change to mysql before you start the resource. Then, I would go into myphp and delete the old FivePD sql database and then re-create a new database and upload the .sql file that comes with the FivePD install.

Have a great one!

Hey! Thanks so much for the in-depth reply.

To answer a question you asked about access - I am using software provided by my host to access the database - phpMyAdmin. I don't know much about SQL, but the database I setup seems to have everything it needs to function.

I took your advice and installed a fresh FivePD 1.4 as well as deleted and remade the database and added the SQL file (fivepd.sql) to the database and I am still getting the same error. ([ FivePD ] An error has occured: Could not execute MySql query (SELECT). Error: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Connection which must be closed first.)

I have restarted the sever (many times) and I am not sure what else I can do. I am able to access and work in the department in the MDT, however, we run into issues with information syncing, and members being able to call/view backup requests, or view ongoing callouts.

Definitely a head-scratcher!

1 hour ago, JC_YYZ said:

Hey! Thanks so much for the in-depth reply.

To answer a question you asked about access - I am using software provided by my host to access the database - phpMyAdmin. I don't know much about SQL, but the database I setup seems to have everything it needs to function.

I took your advice and installed a fresh FivePD 1.4 as well as deleted and remade the database and added the SQL file (fivepd.sql) to the database and I am still getting the same error. ([ FivePD ] An error has occured: Could not execute MySql query (SELECT). Error: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Connection which must be closed first.)

I have restarted the sever (many times) and I am not sure what else I can do. I am able to access and work in the department in the MDT, however, we run into issues with information syncing, and members being able to call/view backup requests, or view ongoing callouts.

Definitely a head-scratcher!

Strange! So to me, it sounds like your host is running another form of MySQL, Sqlite, or another system that utilizes that port in the background somewhere on the same port that SQL runs on. This maybe something you could or could not see. The best option in this case would be to reach out to your provider and take a in-depth look at this with them. Explain the errors that you are having and see if they can find out what issues or softwares they have that would interfere with a MySQL server and port for your database. 

Essentially what that error is telling us is something, somewhere is utilizing the same port protocol that MySQL utilizes which I believe is 3306 by default. I would tell your server provider this as they can take a look and see if they have any outbound connections on these ports to see if they can re-route them or just do away with them in general. 

On 2/17/2021 at 5:55 PM, JC_YYZ said:

Interesting that you point that out. Inside my phpmyadmin dashboard, there is another entry called 'information_schema' which I have never seen before. It appears that it's a separate database that has something to do with my game server (my console maybe?) - My previous host provider didn't have that, so I am wondering if that is interfering? I am reluctant to delete it because I don't understand what it does. I will reach out to my provider. 

Thanks again for all of your help. Makes this community great!

248709654_ScreenShot2021-02-17at11_51_46AM.thumb.png.cfae2feeed380cd8ef88f93dc6fdfcec.png           1253874731_ScreenShot2021-02-17at11_51_33AM.png.d7e107c030afef34845596420a3d5869.png

Is the initial issue still present or did you manage to fix it?

Sebo

Community Moderator

My personal Discord server: Click

My LSPDFR community Discord server: Click

content_locked.png

This content has been locked by the Community Team. If you feel this was a mistake, please report this reply with a valid reason.

1181375915_ConwayGPMSign(2).png.222b6b96fc398f6107b76f0b800e9e59.png

Community Administrator and FivePD Support Guru

gpm_animated.gif

content_locked.png

This content has been locked by the Community Team. If you feel this was a mistake, please report this reply with a valid reason.

1181375915_ConwayGPMSign(2).png.222b6b96fc398f6107b76f0b800e9e59.png

Community Administrator and FivePD Support Guru

gpm_animated.gif