Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

Gaming PC Build Advice


Recommended Posts

  • Management Team

This build personally looks good and will certainly run great. Although, depending on your budget and what your uses are for it, you could always go for a lower CPU.

 

From someone who's done this dance before with building a PC, remember to include budget for your peripherals. If you want some higher end monitors, be sure to allocate some funds towards that. Same with keyboard and mouse, although those don't typically run you as much ($100-175 typically) as the monitors do.

NorthCam18

OPERATIONS DIRECTOR

 

GitHub Account | northcam@gtapolicemods.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NorthCam18 said:

This build personally looks good and will certainly run great. Although, depending on your budget and what your uses are for it, you could always go for a lower CPU.

 

From someone who's done this dance before with building a PC, remember to include budget for your peripherals. If you want some higher end monitors, be sure to allocate some funds towards that. Same with keyboard and mouse, although those don't typically run you as much ($100-175 typically) as the monitors do.

I'm looking to spend around 1,500-2,000, and mostly use it for playing LSPDFR with mods, and FiveM, and just playing other high-end games like EmergNYC, and Flashing Lights, etc.What CPU do you recommend, and do you recommend getting a better GPU?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Management Team
1 hour ago, GregP said:

I'm looking to spend around 1,500-2,000, and mostly use it for playing LSPDFR with mods, and FiveM, and just playing other high-end games like EmergNYC, and Flashing Lights, etc.What CPU do you recommend, and do you recommend getting a better GPU?

Your CPU is fine, I only recommended downgrading that only if you had a lower budget. As for the GPU, the one you have selected should do just fine. I have a 1050Ti myself, and while I cannot run games at absolute maximum settings, I can still run pretty well. I'd say you'll have no issue at all running those games with those specs 🙂.

NorthCam18

OPERATIONS DIRECTOR

 

GitHub Account | northcam@gtapolicemods.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 3:41 PM, NorthCam18 said:

Your CPU is fine, I only recommended downgrading that only if you had a lower budget. As for the GPU, the one you have selected should do just fine. I have a 1050Ti myself, and while I cannot run games at absolute maximum settings, I can still run pretty well. I'd say you'll have no issue at all running those games with those specs 🙂.

Alrighty, thanks! Just one more question. Do you think I should go with the GTX 2060 or Radeon 5700 XT? I've heard both are good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Management Team
22 minutes ago, GregP said:

Alrighty, thanks! Just one more question. Do you think I should go with the GTX 2060 or Radeon 5700 XT? I've heard both are good.

Probably the GTX 2060

NorthCam18

OPERATIONS DIRECTOR

 

GitHub Account | northcam@gtapolicemods.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 6:07 PM, GregP said:

Alrighty, thanks! Just one more question. Do you think I should go with the GTX 2060 or Radeon 5700 XT? I've heard both are good.

Just got an Asus ROG RTX 2060 three fan and it runs GTA V on completely maxed settings at well over 80 fps average at 1080p. Stays cool and silent. It's an absolutely beast of a card and I recommend it. Its ran every game I've tried on ultra 1080p at over 60 fps at least.

DeLuca's County Callouts (Click to Download) (Current Release: 0.3.0 Open Alpha NEW)

Find all of my LEGACY projects (GTA: SA) plus more in-depth support of current projects on my modding index. (ONLY my personal work is available and supported on the index)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 11:48 AM, Adam DeLuca said:

Just got an Asus ROG RTX 2060 three fan and it runs GTA V on completely maxed settings at well over 80 fps average at 1080p. Stays cool and silent. It's an absolutely beast of a card and I recommend it. Its ran every game I've tried on ultra 1080p at over 60 fps at least.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours from? I tried looking everywhere for one, but no luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GregP said:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours from? I tried looking everywhere for one, but no luck!

I had subscribed to text alerts on nowinstock and managed to snag it on newegg. You have like 2 minutes to buy one so make sure you're signed in and have a payment method attached already. It was a battle but it's possible.

DeLuca's County Callouts (Click to Download) (Current Release: 0.3.0 Open Alpha NEW)

Find all of my LEGACY projects (GTA: SA) plus more in-depth support of current projects on my modding index. (ONLY my personal work is available and supported on the index)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Please view the site: Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. // IMPORTANT: We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.