Gaming PC Build Advice

• Management Team

This build personally looks good and will certainly run great. Although, depending on your budget and what your uses are for it, you could always go for a lower CPU.

From someone who's done this dance before with building a PC, remember to include budget for your peripherals. If you want some higher end monitors, be sure to allocate some funds towards that. Same with keyboard and mouse, although those don't typically run you as much ($100-175 typically) as the monitors do.

NorthCam18

OPERATIONS DIRECTOR

GitHub Account | northcam@gtapolicemods.com

20 hours ago, NorthCam18 said:

This build personally looks good and will certainly run great. Although, depending on your budget and what your uses are for it, you could always go for a lower CPU.

From someone who's done this dance before with building a PC, remember to include budget for your peripherals. If you want some higher end monitors, be sure to allocate some funds towards that. Same with keyboard and mouse, although those don't typically run you as much ($100-175 typically) as the monitors do.

I'm looking to spend around 1,500-2,000, and mostly use it for playing LSPDFR with mods, and FiveM, and just playing other high-end games like EmergNYC, and Flashing Lights, etc.What CPU do you recommend, and do you recommend getting a better GPU?

• Management Team
1 hour ago, GregP said:

I'm looking to spend around 1,500-2,000, and mostly use it for playing LSPDFR with mods, and FiveM, and just playing other high-end games like EmergNYC, and Flashing Lights, etc.What CPU do you recommend, and do you recommend getting a better GPU?

Your CPU is fine, I only recommended downgrading that only if you had a lower budget. As for the GPU, the one you have selected should do just fine. I have a 1050Ti myself, and while I cannot run games at absolute maximum settings, I can still run pretty well. I'd say you'll have no issue at all running those games with those specs 🙂.

NorthCam18

OPERATIONS DIRECTOR

On 12/28/2020 at 3:41 PM, NorthCam18 said:

Your CPU is fine, I only recommended downgrading that only if you had a lower budget. As for the GPU, the one you have selected should do just fine. I have a 1050Ti myself, and while I cannot run games at absolute maximum settings, I can still run pretty well. I'd say you'll have no issue at all running those games with those specs 🙂.

Alrighty, thanks! Just one more question. Do you think I should go with the GTX 2060 or Radeon 5700 XT? I've heard both are good.

• Management Team
22 minutes ago, GregP said:

Alrighty, thanks! Just one more question. Do you think I should go with the GTX 2060 or Radeon 5700 XT? I've heard both are good.

Probably the GTX 2060

NorthCam18

OPERATIONS DIRECTOR

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 6:07 PM, GregP said:

Just got an Asus ROG RTX 2060 three fan and it runs GTA V on completely maxed settings at well over 80 fps average at 1080p. Stays cool and silent. It's an absolutely beast of a card and I recommend it. Its ran every game I've tried on ultra 1080p at over 60 fps at least.

DeLuca's County Callouts (Click to Download) (Current Release: 0.3.0 Open Alpha NEW)

Find all of my LEGACY projects (GTA: SA) plus more in-depth support of current projects on my modding index. (ONLY my personal work is available and supported on the index)

On 1/8/2021 at 11:48 AM, Adam DeLuca said:

Just got an Asus ROG RTX 2060 three fan and it runs GTA V on completely maxed settings at well over 80 fps average at 1080p. Stays cool and silent. It's an absolutely beast of a card and I recommend it. Its ran every game I've tried on ultra 1080p at over 60 fps at least.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours from? I tried looking everywhere for one, but no luck!

4 hours ago, GregP said:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours from? I tried looking everywhere for one, but no luck!

I had subscribed to text alerts on nowinstock and managed to snag it on newegg. You have like 2 minutes to buy one so make sure you're signed in and have a payment method attached already. It was a battle but it's possible.

DeLuca's County Callouts (Click to Download) (Current Release: 0.3.0 Open Alpha NEW)

Find all of my LEGACY projects (GTA: SA) plus more in-depth support of current projects on my modding index. (ONLY my personal work is available and supported on the index)