How can I sort departments?

Peelster1

Reason for Locking
Answered

By TheCipher01, on 09/21/20 05:09 AM.

Question

Hello, I'm 2 days new to FivePD. I've created all the departments I need for my server, but I did not realize that when I left a department to join another, that I had applications on the first department. I deleted that department which was the first one on my list so that I could recreate it and join it again, this time leaving applications off. (It's for my localhost anyway.) How can I sort the departments so I can move the latest created department to the top of the list, or even better sort the departments alphabetically? I had created departments for every police station, 2 highway patrol offices, 3 federal agencies and 3 military branches, and would rather not have to recreate them all from scratch just to have them sorted properly.

3 answers to this question

I can confirm this works. If you open the departments listing in the database and edit the ID number, it is sorted with the lowest ID number being at the top of the list. For changes to take effect, the server needs to be restarted. It may make for a good tutorial video.  Citations and arrest reports associate with the ID number and not the department, so if you change a departments ID number, it will reorganize the order, but any existing reports will not stay with that department, it will stay with the original ID number and will be on whatever department newly assigned to that ID to it.