$200 Steam Giftcard Raffle | Sponsored by TF1A3 ×

FivePD Error Message

GregP

Reason for Locking
Issue solved after using department example

By BGHDDevelopment, on 09/03/20 04:14 PM.

Question

isn't this a MySQL error? you are loading your database too, and have you set the database up correctly to work with fivepd as such:

# DB connection string
set mysql_connection_string "server=127.0.0.1;database=fivepd;userid=root;password="
set es_enableCustomData 1

I've had the same error when I forgot to load up the db ? 

Edited by DarkXess

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, DarkXess said:

isn't this a MySQL error? you are loading your database too, and have you set the database up correctly to work with fivepd as such:

# DB connection string
set mysql_connection_string "server=127.0.0.1;database=fivepd;userid=root;password="

This likely isnt their issue. As the db is connected to and exists, but something exists in a table that shouldn't. Likely an error in updating.

• Like 1

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

• Development Team
1 hour ago, DarkXess said:

# DB connection string

You don't need to set up anything like this. FivePD uses it's own config.json file.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GregP said:

I honestly don't remember. It might of been from 1.1 to 1.1.2.1.

1.1.4 is the latest version, I would either read the release notes as one of the versions changed how the database is set up. Or just start fresh with a new database and install.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

Alright, so I reinstalled FivePD with the latest version (1.1.4), and I connected it through my server and everything looks fine in the CMD prompt, but when I launch into my server, I am not seeing the "Your off duty" thing on the top left to show if I am on duty or not. I cannot tell if this is a new update, or something went wrong again.

49 minutes ago, GregP said:

Alright, so I reinstalled FivePD with the latest version (1.1.4), and I connected it through my server and everything looks fine in the CMD prompt, but when I launch into my server, I am not seeing the "Your off duty" thing on the top left to show if I am on duty or not. I cannot tell if this is a new update, or something went wrong again.

Sounds like an install issue. Or you don't have FivePD started.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

On 8/3/2020 at 11:54 AM, BGHDDevelopment said:

Does it show all the FivePD loading messages in console?

Yes, everything looks good now, at least I hope. I took a screenshot to show.

3a21b0ef178fe61b0ef4ae40d4f6a1da.png

38 minutes ago, GregP said:

Yes, everything looks good now, at least I hope. I took a screenshot to show.

3a21b0ef178fe61b0ef4ae40d4f6a1da.png

Looks like it should be working, just let us know if it works in game.

Cipher2.png

Community Administrator

1 hour ago, TheCipher01 said:

Looks like it should be working, just let us know if it works in game.

So, when I start up my server, in the loading screen comes up FIvePD, so I assume it's working from that point. As soon as I get into the game, nothing pops up regarding FivePD, like it usually does on the top left showing if you are on duty or off duty. I hit F11 which I think is the button for the menu, but nothing happens. So, I don't know what's going on. This is on the latest version too.

155b13dfce2df3afb62f697bbb8cc74b.jpg

Edited by GregP

16 hours ago, Natixco said:

Try to reinstall your FivePD and the database.

Okay, so everything works again, woohoo, but the only issue now that I am having is, when I put in the DepartmentDatabase file into phpMyAdmin, and drag the departments.sql into my game, it gives me a error.

INSERT INTO `departments` (`id`, `name`, `shortname`, `icon`, `background`, `wallpaper`, `requiresApplication`, `hiring`, `area`) VALUES(1, 'Los Santos Police Department', 'LSPD', 'https://static.secure.website/wscfus/9560237/uploads/ea16b2393c284239744c2269de516a5b36e5466a_1024__1_.png', '', '', 0, 1, 1)

This is what I am referring to: 

Edited by GregP