FivePD Error Message

Reason for Locking
Issue solved after using department example

By BGHDDevelopment, on 09/03/20 04:14 PM.

Question

isn't this a MySQL error? you are loading your database too, and have you set the database up correctly to work with fivepd as such:

# DB connection string
set mysql_connection_string "server=127.0.0.1;database=fivepd;userid=root;password="
set es_enableCustomData 1

I've had the same error when I forgot to load up the db 😛 

Edited by DarkXess
1 hour ago, DarkXess said:

isn't this a MySQL error? you are loading your database too, and have you set the database up correctly to work with fivepd as such:

# DB connection string
set mysql_connection_string "server=127.0.0.1;database=fivepd;userid=root;password="

This likely isnt their issue. As the db is connected to and exists, but something exists in a table that shouldn't. Likely an error in updating.

• Like 1

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

1 hour ago, DarkXess said:

# DB connection string

You don't need to set up anything like this. FivePD uses it's own config.json file.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, GregP said:

I honestly don't remember. It might of been from 1.1 to 1.1.2.1.

1.1.4 is the latest version, I would either read the release notes as one of the versions changed how the database is set up. Or just start fresh with a new database and install.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

For this issue a full reinstall would be the best bet just due to the amounts of updates sense 1.1. Make sure you import the correct .sql file for FivePD and all the details are correct.

Alright, so I reinstalled FivePD with the latest version (1.1.4), and I connected it through my server and everything looks fine in the CMD prompt, but when I launch into my server, I am not seeing the "Your off duty" thing on the top left to show if I am on duty or not. I cannot tell if this is a new update, or something went wrong again.

49 minutes ago, GregP said:

Alright, so I reinstalled FivePD with the latest version (1.1.4), and I connected it through my server and everything looks fine in the CMD prompt, but when I launch into my server, I am not seeing the "Your off duty" thing on the top left to show if I am on duty or not. I cannot tell if this is a new update, or something went wrong again.

Sounds like an install issue. Or you don't have FivePD started.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

38 minutes ago, GregP said:

Yes, everything looks good now, at least I hope. I took a screenshot to show.

3a21b0ef178fe61b0ef4ae40d4f6a1da.png

Looks like it should be working, just let us know if it works in game.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

1 hour ago, TheCipher01 said:

Looks like it should be working, just let us know if it works in game.

So, when I start up my server, in the loading screen comes up FIvePD, so I assume it's working from that point. As soon as I get into the game, nothing pops up regarding FivePD, like it usually does on the top left showing if you are on duty or off duty. I hit F11 which I think is the button for the menu, but nothing happens. So, I don't know what's going on. This is on the latest version too.

155b13dfce2df3afb62f697bbb8cc74b.jpg

Edited by GregP
16 hours ago, Natixco said:

Try to reinstall your FivePD and the database.

Okay, so everything works again, woohoo, but the only issue now that I am having is, when I put in the DepartmentDatabase file into phpMyAdmin, and drag the departments.sql into my game, it gives me a error.

INSERT INTO `departments` (`id`, `name`, `shortname`, `icon`, `background`, `wallpaper`, `requiresApplication`, `hiring`, `area`) VALUES(1, 'Los Santos Police Department', 'LSPD', 'https://static.secure.website/wscfus/9560237/uploads/ea16b2393c284239744c2269de516a5b36e5466a_1024__1_.png', '', '', 0, 1, 1)

This is what I am referring to: 

Edited by GregP