FivePD Issues as some features don't work.

Reason for Locking
No response after 24 hours. If issues persist, create a new support thread.

By NorthCam18, on 07/25/20 12:22 AM.

Question

I recently have bought a server to make a FivePD server so I can play with my buddy's. I have ran into some problems with multiple things in FivePD. I will list the ones I know about as there might be more I am not exactly sure. I have not added anything into my FivePD folders because as I installed FivePD the issue instantly happened. I will also show a screenshot of my server.cfg in case one of the scripts I have in there  maybe makes it fail. and yes I have tried 1.1.4 to fix my computer but still didn't work.

Computer says admin code but will not let me open it. :3C15B6CA7107074AB7DD3FEFE9A1BBEB9086EE71

Callouts seem not to work as I have sat there for 10 minutes waiting for one multiple times.

Z menu does not work either.

If anyone knows any fixes much appreciated.  I am about to cancel all scripts out of the server.cfg to fix that if it doesn't I have no more ideas after that.

fix.PNG.12dc17c6ebe2cc7cea51872ce23a3470.PNGfix1.PNG.48c3996fd6eeb305d5d627c329de6098.PNG

18 answers to this question

You can make yourself as admin in the database as well (in the 'users' table change the 'isAdmin' column to 1) or change resolution.

Since v1.1 you can only open the Z menu and get callouts if you are in a department, but it's written in the Release note.pdf and Controls and basic gameplay information.pdf files.

6 minutes ago, Natixco said:

You can make yourself as admin in the database as well (in the 'users' table change the 'isAdmin' column to 1) or change resolution.

Since v1.1 you can only open the Z menu and get callouts if you are in a department, but it's written in the Release note.pdf and Controls and basic gameplay information.pdf files.

Just changed it to one and I still can't access the computer. Where would I change the resolution? 

coluim.PNG

1 hour ago, Natixco said:

You changed the table's structure, now every user will be an admin, change it back to 0 and click on the USERS table not it's structure and there change the isAdmin column to 1 in your name's row.

Alright I see and did it one issue though cant click any of the buttons because the FivePD computer system message is in the way. You mentioned something about resolution I was wondering if you were talking about the computer to make it so I can click it. How would I do that?

33 minutes ago, Natixco said:

If you can, change to a bigger resolution. Either in windows settings or in the game.

Alright now the computer is not letting me click any of the things on it still. No idea why nothing happens when I click it.

2 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

Alright now the computer is not letting me click any of the things on it still. No idea why nothing happens when I click it.

Could you possibly get a video of this happening?

17 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

I think I figured it out. 

When you're loaded into the game, you go into the start/pause menu, go over to Settings, then scroll down to Advanced Graphics. Switch your Screen Type to Windowed and save. Then go back into Screen Type and select Windowed (Borderless) and save. It then started allowing me to click on the buttons in the PD menu. 

To finish creating your department, you have to set a Radius and Callsign. I set my radius to 2.5 in the gray box below the blue square and Callsign as LL-NNN (per the available characters) in order to create the department.

After that, everything worked. Also make sure to read the PDF with the controls in it if you haven't already. It was a big help and I'm finally able to start cracking down on crime. 

20200719_223728.jpg

13 minutes ago, MrBojengalz said:

When you're loaded into the game, you go into the start/pause menu, go over to Settings, then scroll down to Advanced Graphics. Switch your Screen Type to Windowed and save. Then go back into Screen Type and select Windowed (Borderless) and save. It then started allowing me to click on the buttons in the PD menu. 

To finish creating your department, you have to set a Radius and Callsign. I set my radius to 2.5 in the gray box below the blue square and Callsign as LL-NNN (per the available characters) in order to create the department.

After that, everything worked. Also make sure to read the PDF with the controls in it if you haven't already. It was a big help and I'm finally able to start cracking down on crime. 

20200719_223728.jpg

Sweet I will probably try this tomorrow if you can and give me a brief summary on how to make department where no one is higher then each other or they are the same rank I would really appreciate it if you don't got the time I will figure it out myself then. I just don't want anyone have any higher perms then each other. Just want them the same rank.

13 hours ago, ForrestGrump said:

Sweet I will probably try this tomorrow if you can and give me a brief summary on how to make department where no one is higher then each other or they are the same rank I would really appreciate it if you don't got the time I will figure it out myself then. I just don't want anyone have any higher perms then each other. Just want them the same rank.

If you do not add ranks inside the department then you won't have anyone having more perms then each other. Any admins you setup for the MDT can manage the department settings though.

5 minutes ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

If you do not add ranks inside the department then you won't have anyone having more perms then each other. Any admins you setup for the MDT can manage the department settings though.

Alrighty I am about to try and see if this fixes my game if it does I will let you know. Thanks for helping

13 hours ago, MrBojengalz said:

20200719_223728.jpg

Seems as I went into windowed and then went into bordered didn't still hasn't let me click any of the options in the mdt.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:26 PM, ForrestGrump said:

Seems as I went into windowed and then went into bordered didn't still hasn't let me click any of the options in the mdt.

I was having the same issue after installing FivePD on my brother's computer. It seems like you have to mess around with the resolution under Advanced Graphics as well as switch view styles. Last night, I tried switching between all of the different styles until I got his mouse to be able to click on the screen inside the in-game computer (B menu), but now his menus inside the in-game computer are super tiny while the ones on mine are the correct size. I will keep messing with his settings and keep better track of what I do to try to help you and him out. If anyone knows how to make the menu larger (inside the in-game computer when you press B inside your car) , I am all ears. 

5 hours ago, MrBojengalz said:

I was having the same issue after installing FivePD on my brother's computer. It seems like you have to mess around with the resolution under Advanced Graphics as well as switch view styles. Last night, I tried switching between all of the different styles until I got his mouse to be able to click on the screen inside the in-game computer (B menu), but now his menus inside the in-game computer are super tiny while the ones on mine are the correct size. I will keep messing with his settings and keep better track of what I do to try to help you and him out. If anyone knows how to make the menu larger (inside the in-game computer when you press B inside your car) , I am all ears. 

Not that sure myself but may be best to reset graphic settings to default and go from there.