Installing Uniforms without EUP

VirtualX

Reason for Locking
Solved

By NorthCam18, on 07/12/20 11:18 PM.

Question

25 answers to this question

Content_moved.png

This content has been moved to the correct section by the Community Team. Next time please post in the correct section.

If you feel this was a mistake, please report this reply with a valid reason.

Hello!

Installing peds is more of a general FiveM/GTA V question, rather than a FivePD question, hence why I relocated this inquiry to the correct category.

There is a pretty helpful tutorial which I found on youtube, it walks you over how to install pretty much any custom asset to your FiveM server.

Timestamp for peds is 13:07:

Please let me know if it has been solved or if you have any further questions ?

• Like 1

That's just how he's named his folder. You can name it whatever you wish, as soon as you put it in the resources folder inside your server files and stream it with the name you've chosen.

I meant I was confused where the stream folder goes...does it go into the server directory where fivem is installed or the fivepd resource.

I believe it is the first one. but wanted to be sure.

Edited by VirtualX

It would go in your resources folder which is located within a folder named server, server-data, or something close to that. This folder is going to contain the resources folder and the server.cfg.

So, in order to changed your uniform you could do a few things:

1. Have your players install a client-sides menu like lambda from which you can switch into different uniforms, including Police, Sheriff, Highway Patrol.
  2. Install a server-sided menu like vMenu from which you can switch into different uniforms, same as above.
  3. Edit the fivem-map files:
    1. Locate the folders fivem-map-skater, fivem-map-hipster.
    2. Open the folders and edit the map.lua.
    3. Replace all a_m_y_skater_01 and similar names with s_m_y_cop_01.

I personally recommend the 2nd part - it's st reliable as it would be easier to people who are not overall knowledgeable with FiveM. Also, trainers, or menus, give you a full ability to customize your characters, even create your own.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smanbg said:

So, in order to changed your uniform you could do a few things:

1. Have your players install a client-sides menu like lambda from which you can switch into different uniforms, including Police, Sheriff, Highway Patrol.
  2. Install a server-sided menu like vMenu from which you can switch into different uniforms, same as above.
  3. Edit the fivem-map files:
    1. Locate the folders fivem-map-skater, fivem-map-hipster.
    2. Open the folders and edit the map.lua.
    3. Replace all a_m_y_skater_01 and similar names with s_m_y_cop_01.

I personally recommend the 2nd part - it's st reliable as it would be easier to people who are not overall knowledgeable with FiveM. Also, trainers, or menus, give you a full ability to customize your characters, even create your own.

I agree with you. 
The second option is what I was planning on doing anyway. Would make it easier on me as well in the long run, not getting 43030 million questions from players ?

I'll give this a try when I have the time.

Success!
Installed vMenu without a problem.

Now I need to learn how to add/delete peds and how to add vehicles to it.
Obviously would like to have only LEO peds/vehicles.

Edited by VirtualX

Just now, VirtualX said:

Would that be the same process for vehicles as well?

Yes ? Make sure to replace "names" as their spawncodes. Example: s_m_y_cop_01, 18charger, etc.

Right got it.
Still got a long way to go before my fivepd server goes "live".
Plenty of mods I would like to install and learn how to use.

Thanks for the help, although I am sure I will have more questions along the way.