Installing Uniforms without EUP

Reason for Locking
Solved

By NorthCam18, on 07/12/20 11:18 PM.

Question

25 answers to this question

Hello!

Installing peds is more of a general FiveM/GTA V question, rather than a FivePD question, hence why I relocated this inquiry to the correct category.

There is a pretty helpful tutorial which I found on youtube, it walks you over how to install pretty much any custom asset to your FiveM server.

Timestamp for peds is 13:07:

Please let me know if it has been solved or if you have any further questions 🙂

• Like 1

I meant I was confused where the stream folder goes...does it go into the server directory where fivem is installed or the fivepd resource.

I believe it is the first one. but wanted to be sure.

Edited by VirtualX

So, in order to changed your uniform you could do a few things:

1. Have your players install a client-sides menu like lambda from which you can switch into different uniforms, including Police, Sheriff, Highway Patrol.
  2. Install a server-sided menu like vMenu from which you can switch into different uniforms, same as above.
  3. Edit the fivem-map files:
    1. Locate the folders fivem-map-skater, fivem-map-hipster.
    2. Open the folders and edit the map.lua.
    3. Replace all a_m_y_skater_01 and similar names with s_m_y_cop_01.

I personally recommend the 2nd part - it's st reliable as it would be easier to people who are not overall knowledgeable with FiveM. Also, trainers, or menus, give you a full ability to customize your characters, even create your own.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Smanbg said:

So, in order to changed your uniform you could do a few things:

1. Have your players install a client-sides menu like lambda from which you can switch into different uniforms, including Police, Sheriff, Highway Patrol.
  2. Install a server-sided menu like vMenu from which you can switch into different uniforms, same as above.
  3. Edit the fivem-map files:
    1. Locate the folders fivem-map-skater, fivem-map-hipster.
    2. Open the folders and edit the map.lua.
    3. Replace all a_m_y_skater_01 and similar names with s_m_y_cop_01.

I personally recommend the 2nd part - it's st reliable as it would be easier to people who are not overall knowledgeable with FiveM. Also, trainers, or menus, give you a full ability to customize your characters, even create your own.

I agree with you. 
The second option is what I was planning on doing anyway. Would make it easier on me as well in the long run, not getting 43030 million questions from players 😉

I'll give this a try when I have the time.

Success!
Installed vMenu without a problem.

Now I need to learn how to add/delete peds and how to add vehicles to it.
Obviously would like to have only LEO peds/vehicles.

Edited by VirtualX

Right got it.
Still got a long way to go before my fivepd server goes "live".
Plenty of mods I would like to install and learn how to use.

Thanks for the help, although I am sure I will have more questions along the way.

• Management Team

content_locked.png

This content has been locked by the Community Team. If you feel this was a mistake, please report this reply with a valid reason.

• Like 1

NorthCam18

OPERATIONS DIRECTOR

GitHub Account | northcam@gtapolicemods.com