Is there a way to add like more livery skins on a pack to swap with?

Go to solution Solved by Smanbg,
Reason for Locking
Solved

By Smanbg, on 07/09/20 11:37 PM.

Question

So I know there are car pack and such, but I got like two car parks which both have meta files it in and could enable one I guess at a time. Is there a way just to get a skin/livery pack to enable it between the cars so I can save like a version of that car in the pack like LSPD CVPI and BCSO CVPI variant skin off the same pack in FivePD?

Edited by Policebrett

13 answers to this question

• Solution

It's not really advanced, it's pretty simple.

First of all, you'd need to create the mods folder, and here is a tutorial about that:

After that, you would need to add the vehicle in that mods folder and simply replace/add textures within the .ytd just as in the tutorial attached earlier.

After replacing the textures as the tutorial shows, you'd simply need to extract the edited .ytd back into the stream folder with your vehicles.

If you are asking if you could modify the livery vehicles spawn with from the F11 menu, I do not believe you can, however, you could always use a client-sided menu like lambda, or a server-sided menu like vMenu in order to modify your vehicles - extras, liveries, etc.

If you are asking if you could replace the liveries (skins) a vehicle has, that is a GTA V Support inquiry, but the simple answer is yes.

1 minute ago, Smanbg said:

If you are asking if you could modify the livery vehicles spawn with from the F11 menu, I do not believe you can, however, you could always use a client-sided menu like lambda, or a server-sided menu like vMenu in order to modify your vehicles - extras, liveries, etc.

If you are asking if you could replace the liveries (skins) a vehicle has, that is a GTA V Support inquiry, but the simple answer is yes.

Well just got simple trainer to work for fivepd so it be either f3 or f4 to use it. But how would I be able to put the skins in the pack that has like the LSPD livery skin already in it, though like I mention before would like to have sheriff liveries on it as well.

As it appears this is more of a GTA V Support inquiry, rather than a FivePD inquiry.

I would recommend watching this video that I will attach below, it is important to note that this video shows the replacements of textures within a GTA V Model replacement. For FiveM purposes - the completely same logic is followed, you replace (or add) textures in the .ytd file of the vehicle within OpenIV. After replacing textures you'd just export the .ytd and replace it in it's folder.

2 minutes ago, Smanbg said:

As it appears this is more of a GTA V Support inquiry, rather than a FivePD inquiry.

I would recommend watching this video that I will attach below, it is important to note that this video shows the replacements of textures within a GTA V Model replacement. For FiveM purposes - the completely same logic is followed, you replace (or add) textures in the .ytd file of the vehicle within OpenIV. After replacing textures you'd just export the .ytd and replace it in it's folder.

But I'm asking for fivepd not lspdfr

Just now, Policebrett said:

3 minutes ago, Smanbg said:

If I wanted LSPDFR mod skins I would alreadly look that up on youtube. But I'm asking bout fivepd

3 minutes ago, Policebrett said:

Yes, I understand, but the same logic and process is followed.

You would need the software OpenIV. After downloading OpenIV, you would need to create a folder named mods, so it does not interfere with your regular GTA 5 files. After creating the folder mods, you can just drag the .ytd file of the vehicle inside and replace the textures, just like in the tutorial. After that, you'd just drag and drop the .ytd with replaced textures back into the folder.

1 minute ago, Smanbg said:

Yes, I understand, but the same logic and process is followed.

You would need the  software OpenIV. After downloading OpenIV, you would need to create a folder named mods, so it does not interfere with your regular GTA 5 files. After creating the folder mods, you can just drag the .ytd file of the vehicle inside and replace the textures, just like in the tutorial. After that, you'd just drag and drop the .ytd with replaced textures back into the folder.

but wouldn't I have edit fivem with a mods folder or nvm I give up. Too much advance stuff I ain't gonna hundred percent understand

9 minutes ago, Smanbg said:

First of all, you'd need to create the mods folder, and here is a tutorial about that:

After that, you would need to add the vehicle in that mods folder and simply replace/add textures within the .ytd just as in the tutorial attached earlier.

After replacing the textures as the tutorial shows, you'd simply need to extract the edited .ytd back into the stream folder with your vehicles.

Not when it comes to a person that really don't that

57 minutes ago, Smanbg said:

k it work so now I will know how to do that in the future