Issues with FivePD discord Bot

Papadon

Reason for Locking
No reply in 48 hours.

By Smanbg, on 07/10/20 01:26 AM.

Question

Im having issues with the FivePD discord bot.  Seems it is not getting any info from the server ..

Do i need to setup a Webhook in discord to have the bot receive info from the server?  As i have been searching other fivem bots and most of them want you to add in a webhook URL into the Bot config file on the fivem server .

i followed all the steps provided for the install and setup of the FivePD bot  ( auth key ) info into the config.json  file etc.   but it just wont get any info from the server 

Edited by Papadon

10 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, NorthCam18 said:

Please read this article and ensure you have followed all the steps as directed in the installation guide. 

Yes i have followed all these steps in the link above and watched the video . . i have added the Auth key to the config file.  registered the bot in discord and setup the reports   !fivepd set duty 1  also set arrest report settings etc..    Fivepd app  is installed on discord also.    But it is not showing  any  no on/off duty reports  showing or arrest reports.      Bot is showing as online on my discord server.  See attachments

botonline.JPG

welcome bot.JPG

authapp.JPG

Just now, Papadon said:

Yes i have followed all these steps in the link above and watched the video . . i have added the Auth key to the config file.  registered the bot in discord and setup the reports   !fivepd set duty 1  also set arrest report settings etc..    Fivepd app  is installed on discord also.    But it is not showing  any  no on/off duty reports  showing or arrest reports.      Bot is showing as online on my discord server.  See attachments

botonline.JPG

welcome bot.JPG

authapp.JPG

GPM Bot is not the FivePD bot. Please show the config file you have filled out, while blocking out private information such as auth tokens etc.

NorthCam18

Arguably the best VIP member here

GitHub Account

When i clicked the Admin access link on the bot page thats th app it installed. then also client the invite bot link on the bot page which seems to have added the bot as a online person on the discord server.   When i clicked the admin link  it authorized bot with admin prev's    when i clicked the invite bot it asked to authorize bot with  read, write mention and a few other permissions.   registered !fivepd register  and added the token into my config.json file as shown in the pic

image.png.fbce9e9036900c9d81a0912b1fb64bf1.png

15 hours ago, Papadon said:

Isnt this the FivePD bot ?? 

botonline.JPG

Yes. The GPM Bot (Sync) that you said was connected to your account is not the FivePD bot, as you previously mentioned. They are two different applications.

NorthCam18

Arguably the best VIP member here

GitHub Account

Ooo ok got it.  Anyways last night i removed them all andre added the fvepd bot again.  Registered it. So when u do a bot config. It shows my server  at the top of the window. Created  1 duty report to test with.  Logged onto my server and went on duty..   checked discord and no onduty report. When i did a bot stat and a stats it did show server up time.. and did show my gt in game time. But nothing else.  No on duty etc.   Just showed sever uptime was 18mins. 

3 hours ago, NorthCam18 said:

Yes. The GPM Bot (Sync) that you said was connected to your account is not the FivePD bot, as you previously mentioned. They are two different applications.

I was having a bit of a look around and just wondering if i should seperate the discord bot from the rest of the script like in this pic1  image.png.53b791ab7ae72d2d6e38f2cc427a2962.png 

as when looking at my script it is sort of part of the whole script.image.png.7454a66d438b5a4fe4c0359491fc85fc.png

or will this script as i have it still run as it should ?? 

On 7/6/2020 at 5:11 PM, Papadon said:

I was having a bit of a look around and just wondering if i should seperate the discord bot from the rest of the script like in this pic1  image.png.53b791ab7ae72d2d6e38f2cc427a2962.png 

as when looking at my script it is sort of part of the whole script.image.png.7454a66d438b5a4fe4c0359491fc85fc.png

or will this script as i have it still run as it should ?? 

Run it through https://jsonlint.com/