MDT Computer in addon cars not functioning.

Reason for Locking
Solved

By BGHDDevelopment, on 06/23/20 03:02 AM.

Question

I'm wondering if anyone has any info for a issue i am having.. I have a server up and running with fivePD..  All is working great.. Wanted to add a few extra cars to my server. i installed 2 cars from the CHP car pack ( non ELS )   the cars are working fine and i have added them to the F11 menu of select able vehicles..  but for some reason if i am in any of these 2 cars the In game police computer (MDT) does not work when pressing the B Key ..   but if i then spawn back into a std police car the computer works fine..  is there a file i need to update or create to have the computer work in addon cars ?

the 2 new cars have both been added to the mdt-vehicles.json  and vehicles.json  files.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated

Edited by Papadon74

12 answers to this question

Im pretty sure i have , i will have to double check.. just to confirm the name i add to the mdt vehicles file.. need to be the exact name of the ytd model name of the vehicle..   E.G as the files are in folder  CVPI2011   but the file name is  cvpi2011.ytd       so in the mdt file it would be the lower case name. ??   not the upper case one.  ??  Thanks for your assistance 😉

fivepd issue.png

Edited by Papadon74
forgot attachment
2 hours ago, Acruze said:

If that does not work make sure you are also on duty. I had this happen to me as well because I forgot to go on duty first.

i was 100% on duty.. as i was in the ford crown vic.. no mdt..  i then just pressed F11  selected the interceptor  .. it spawned and i pressed B and  the MDT come straight up.. then i did F11 again selected the ford crown vic  and no mdt

7 hours ago, Papadon74 said:

i was 100% on duty.. as i was in the ford crown vic.. no mdt..  i then just pressed F11  selected the interceptor  .. it spawned and i pressed B and  the MDT come straight up.. then i did F11 again selected the ford crown vic  and no mdt

I mean from the screenshot that should have worked. Can you try giving the car all its addon options at once and see if it opens.

is there a chance that the crown vic''s class is not flagged as VC_EMERGENCY? I know that this is likely not the case and I am not even sure if that makes a difference if the vehicle is on the mdt-vehicles list or not.

13 hours ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

I mean from the screenshot that should have worked. Can you try giving the car all its addon options at once and see if it opens.

Yeh its a bit odd..  i cn spawn all the cars i added no issues. sirens and lights work ,  all the other menu keys work.. just not the mdt comp for any of the addon cars..   In regards ot the addons for the car.. i would need to add a vehicle spawner to do this ??    As im just adding he addons to the F11 menu along with the std cars that are part of fivepd

7 hours ago, Acruze said:

is there a chance that the crown vic''s class is not flagged as VC_EMERGENCY? I know that this is likely not the case and I am not even sure if that makes a difference if the vehicle is on the mdt-vehicles list or not.

Im not to sure about being flagged as a VC_Emergency   ..  which file would this be under  ??  sorry for the noobie question .

SO after alot of fiddling around. i was not able to get the mdt working..  so wont worry abou tit..    but one thing i noticed is if i have the mdt open and enter in a ped info for citation. . the mdt closes reandomly (sometime in the middle of doing a citation. sometimes i close the mdt reopen it and then it will disapear )  and i have a mouse cursor on the screen ( game screen ) but lose access to alll the function keys,  Z, X, G , F11        it is like the mdt is open still but not visible.   is there any command or fix for issues like this ???

Edited by Papadon74
On 6/17/2020 at 10:08 PM, Papadon74 said:

SO after alot of fiddling around. i was not able to get the mdt working..  so wont worry abou tit..    but one thing i noticed is if i have the mdt open and enter in a ped info for citation. . the mdt closes reandomly (sometime in the middle of doing a citation. sometimes i close the mdt reopen it and then it will disapear )  and i have a mouse cursor on the screen ( game screen ) but lose access to alll the function keys,  Z, X, G , F11        it is like the mdt is open still but not visible.   is there any command or fix for issues like this ???

Make sure you don't have other resources which use the keybindings. Also I would try a full reinstall.

7 minutes ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

Make sure you don't have other resources which use the keybindings. Also I would try a full reinstall.

Thanks heaps for all the info 😉   i ended up adding vmenu and the MDT seems to be working ok now.. was odd as the MDT wouldn't work when i tried to add cars to the F11 menu car list.. once i put vmenu on and left the F11 car menu as default al worked fine.. thanks heaps 😉 

1 minute ago, Papadon74 said:

Thanks heaps for all the info 😉   i ended up adding vmenu and the MDT seems to be working ok now.. was odd as the MDT wouldn't work when i tried to add cars to the F11 menu car list.. once i put vmenu on and left the F11 car menu as default al worked fine.. thanks heaps 😉 

Glad you fixed it!

• Like 1