Some Backup & Callout Problems

JBin

Reason for Locking
Bug report made

By BGHDDevelopment, on 06/19/20 08:57 PM.

Question

Hello, so i've some problems with the backup, i'm not sure if its working how it should do but i dont think so...
So there are some backup problems. If i undertsand it correctly it should work like this: A player requests backup and every other player on duty can see it and can press "y" (or "z" depends on layout) and will get a route to his location and will be added to his emergency call. So in my case that didn't worked. A player can't "accept" the backup request and if he does he will be send to a wrong location. But mostly he didnt get any route or didn't get added to the emergency call. From Code 1 - 3 its not working. If a player requests code99 backup every player on duty gets a route to his location. (Is that how it should work?)

The other problem is the "add to the emergency call function". When a player has a callout and want to add a nearby player he dont get any message.

22 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

Did they accept the backup request in the MDT?

What is MDT? I dont know, when someone requests backup i used "Y" like accepting a callout. (It is like a callout so yeah)

1 hour ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

Press B while in a car and accept it in the backup request area.

Ok edit: I now understand how that works with the computer system, but there are still a few problems. Backup is working but....

When i'm in a callout and click "add nearby players" it says "You are not in a callout".
Moreover sometimes, when i accept a callout and drive to the location, the point on the map appears (and than callout too but not the mark in the left upper corner)

Edited by JBin

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, JBin said:

Ok edit: I now understand how that works with the computer system, but there are still a few problems. Backup is working but....

When i'm in a callout and click "add nearby players" it says "You are not in a callout".
Moreover sometimes, when i accept a callout and drive to the location, the point on the map appears (and than callout too but not the mark in the left upper corner)

That sounds more like a callout specific issue rather than FivePD. Are there any errors in your server console or the F8 console when this happens?

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

1 minute ago, TheCipher01 said:

That sounds more like a callout specific issue rather than FivePD. Are there any errors in your server console or the F8 console when this happens?

No, they aren't.

1 minute ago, JBin said:

No, they aren't.

Does it happen with all callouts or just some? You could try typing "restart fivepd" in the server console and that might help.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

3 hours ago, TheCipher01 said:

Does it happen with all callouts or just some? You could try typing "restart fivepd" in the server console and that might help.

So i removed every callout and used only the main callouts from FivePD. I accepted a callout and choose "Add Nearby Player to callout". It says "You are not in a callout".

9 hours ago, JBin said:

So i removed every callout and used only the main callouts from FivePD. I accepted a callout and choose "Add Nearby Player to callout". It says "You are not in a callout".

Might try a fresh install of FivePD and see if that helps solve the issue.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

7 hours ago, TheCipher01 said:

Might try a fresh install of FivePD and see if that helps solve the issue.

Reinstalled whole FivePD, also reinstalled database. Same problem again "you are not in a call". Any ideas?

1 hour ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

Can you try removing all callouts except for one, then try. Make sure the player is close to you when clicking the add nearby players. If there pulled up next to you it should work. 

So i found out something. When i am in a vehicle (and my partner isn't) i can accept the callout and click "add nearby player" and it works. My partner gets a backup request. But when we both sit in the vehicle and i accept the callout and try to add him it says "You are not in a callout". Whats happening here?

32 minutes ago, JBin said:

So i found out something. When i am in a vehicle (and my partner isn't) i can accept the callout and click "add nearby player" and it works. My partner gets a backup request. But when we both sit in the vehicle and i accept the callout and try to add him it says "You are not in a callout". Whats happening here?

I believe if you're in the same car and same department (not sure on the department part) if one person accepts the callout then both people in the car should already be added.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

52 minutes ago, TheCipher01 said:

I believe if you're in the same car and same department (not sure on the department part) if one person accepts the callout then both people in the car should already be added.

No, only the guy how accepted the callout is in the callout.

19 minutes ago, JBin said:

No, only the guy how accepted the callout is in the callout.

Are you in the same department? That might be part of the issue but I'm not for sure.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

16 minutes ago, TheCipher01 said:

Are you in the same department? That might be part of the issue but I'm not for sure.

Yes, we are. When we are both in a one vehicle i'll get the message "You are not in a callout" when i want to add him. When he leaves the vehicle i can add him and than he has to go back into his car and press B ._.

1 minute ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

Have you tried a full reinstall?

Yes. I reinstalled FivePD and the database. As i said, i can add my partner... but i can only add him if we are not both in one vehicle.

On 6/11/2020 at 8:38 AM, JBin said:

Yes. I reinstalled FivePD and the database. As i said, i can add my partner... but i can only add him if we are not both in one vehicle.

You may want to make a bug report if you can get a video of it.

16 hours ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

You may want to make a bug report if you can get a video of it.

I can do. Is there a specal forum area where i have to post it? Or can i post it here?