Could not connect to the database

JBin

Question

Hello, im really new with FiveM so sorry, if thats a stupid question.
Today I installed FivePD as it is written in the tutorial guide. Because i dont have much knowledge about servers i followed the guide stet by step.

But yeah, as you can see in the picture I have that problem "Could not connect to the database". I also used the search function but i didnt find a solution for exactly my problem. Here are some informations:
Server is a dedicated Linux Ubuntu 18.04 Server

I installed FivePD on the server as it is shown in the tutorial after that i installed the databse on my pc. But i didn't understand why i should install it on my pc, moreover how can the server get a connection to my pc? Yeah whatever i dont understand and as you see i did something wrong. Help would be great!

Best regards

Screenshot_267.png

Screenshot_268.png

Edited by JBin

9 answers to this question

Watch this video please. If its still confusing or it does not work please let me know

BTW was your server shut down when you installed fivepd?

Edited by Tannerr

12 hours ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

I would look up a tutorial for your operating system online or hire a system admin

I have already searched for a tutorial and installed MySQL on my server... but thats it, i've no idea how to continue.

Edit: I figured it out

Edited by JBin