How much SSD space really requires?

Captiank

Question

Hi guys, I’m fairly new to fivepd and I’m looking at creating a personal one, I am wondering how much space is really need to be able to have heaps of plugins, cars, mods etc without it crashing or FPS being slow. I am looking at ZAP but not sure which package to choose. I’m not have many users around 6 that’s about it. 

hope someone can help cheers. 

5 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, ItzGraviest said:

@Captiank
I would recommend using GPMs partner; 

?

Thanks man. That’s what I was looking at however was unsure the amount of SSD I’d need and if plugins like call outs, cars, PD computer would use much. 

• Like 1

FiveM and FivePD is pretty minimal. You don't really need any extra space for the server until you add cars. Then it depends what size the car is, so to ask for a number isn't any use for you sadly.

You wont see any issues with performance really depending on your specs as honestly FivePD isn't that intense to run. I would recommend just getting a server separate then running it on your PC though. 

Again all of this depends on the stuff you're running and the amount of people playing etc, With 6 people playing i'd get a hosted server whether it's a VPS or ZAP, personally i'm not a fan of reseller or shared hosting and always get my own dedi, however that is expensive, especially for only 6 people. 

I'd keep about 10 gb (overkill) free for your fivem server but it gives you a shed load of space for cars, eup and extra stuff. 

If you are trying to save money you can most likely do 3GB for space. Im currently running a server with about that space and I have cars, fivepd, scripts etc.