CAD/MDT Stopped working

TheCipher01

Question

• Community Administrator

I feel like I have commented on threads like this before but none of them seem to be actively solving my issue so I figured I'd make a bug report. Last night I was messing around testing some callouts (just ones I made as practice) all was working fine till I hit B to open the MDT and only the background was there, nothing else. Restarted fivepd thinking that would fix it, no dice, put back the default callouts and removed mine thinking that would fix it, still no dice. Reinstalled FivePD twice now and still no dice. It doesn't matter if I'm in a base game car or a custom car it won't load. No errors in F8 though here's what it looks like for reference (http://prntscr.com/snk8bu)

The could not accept callout came up after I pressed Y to accept the domestic dispute callout, guessing that's because I wasn't in a department. I've recreated the database and still when I open the MDT it just brings up the background and nothing else. I'm currently clearing my client cache to see if that solves the issue but any other help would be appreciated.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

24 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, TheCipher01 said:

I feel like I have commented on threads like this before but none of them seem to be actively solving my issue so I figured I'd make a bug report. Last night I was messing around testing some callouts (just ones I made as practice) all was working fine till I hit B to open the MDT and only the background was there, nothing else. Restarted fivepd thinking that would fix it, no dice, put back the default callouts and removed mine thinking that would fix it, still no dice. Reinstalled FivePD twice now and still no dice. It doesn't matter if I'm in a base game car or a custom car it won't load. No errors in F8 though here's what it looks like for reference (http://prntscr.com/snk8bu)

The could not accept callout came up after I pressed Y to accept the domestic dispute callout, guessing that's because I wasn't in a department. I've recreated the database and still when I open the MDT it just brings up the background and nothing else. I'm currently clearing my client cache to see if that solves the issue but any other help would be appreciated.

If you remove all callouts from the folder then restart the server does it work normally?

47 minutes ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

If you remove all callouts from the folder then restart the server does it work normally?

Clearing my cache seemed to fix the issue.
EDIT:  Apparently it's something with my database, reset the departments back to what I had before and back to no MDT.

Edited by TheCipher01

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

1 hour ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

No dice. Even after clearing my cache a second time it still doesn't show anything. The only callouts installed were the default ones.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

49 minutes ago, TheCipher01 said:

No dice. Even after clearing my cache a second time it still doesn't show anything. The only callouts installed were the default ones.

So if you removed the departments from the database it appears?

So if you removed the departments from the database it appears?

My friend was able to see it, made a department, I got on, it worked. I then dropped the table and imported the backup I had from before everything went wonky. Then it stopped working again.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

Just now, TheCipher01 said:

My friend was able to see it, made a department, I got on, it worked. I then dropped the table and imported the backup I had from before everything went wonky. Then it stopped working again.

Okay you may have to reconfigure with a clean database as it seems like something with your backup database/old database was corrupt.

Just now, BGHDDevelopment said:

Okay you may have to reconfigure with a clean database as it seems like something with your backup database/old database was corrupt.

Tried that, same result after remaking the database. I'm throughly stumped. 

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

Just now, BGHDDevelopment said:

So it only worked when your friend configured it?

They were able to see the CAD when I couldn't, made a department, that's when I cleared my cache and it worked. Tried clearing my cache again and it isn't working. Unfortunately my friend is at work now so I cant see if it's working for them again.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

1 minute ago, TheCipher01 said:

They were able to see the CAD when I couldn't, made a department, that's when I cleared my cache and it worked. Tried clearing my cache again and it isn't working. Unfortunately my friend is at work now so I cant see if it's working for them again.

Can you try clearing the server cache as well?

43 minutes ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

Can you try clearing the server cache as well?

Tried that, same result.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

1 minute ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

And nothing else is changed in the config expect the database details? Just want to make sure it's not like a config issue in anyway

Turns out I cleared the wrong cache folder. It appears to be working again.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

I think it must be something with the callouts I was messing with making cause I added the pack with ~4  or 5 callouts and the whole thing just poofed again.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

2 minutes ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

Which callouts?

Just stuff I was writing and messing with myself nothing public. Now even after clearing server cache, mdt won't come back. Even with just default callouts, no errors even when the pack is in, loads just fine no errors, open the MDT and poof no computer.  Reset the database, cleared the server cache again, and it won't come back. I'm really not sure why this is happening.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

Update, reinstalled FivePD again, got it working, added the mugging callout (followed your tutorial) which was working fine the other day. Add it, restart fivepd and boom no MDT.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

7 minutes ago, TheCipher01 said:

Update, reinstalled FivePD again, got it working, added the mugging callout (followed your tutorial) which was working fine the other day. Add it, restart fivepd and boom no MDT.

That normally means its an issue with the callout code. I would double check the code

14 minutes ago, BGHDDevelopment said:

That normally means its an issue with the callout code. I would double check the code

You know I thought that too, but it worked fine the other day. I just added your DrunkCallouts back and it's done the same thing, MDT before adding it, no MDT after. Again on another fresh install.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

Did some more testing, after restarting the server, the MDT would then work again. But if I ran "restart fivepd" or "stop fivepd" then "start fivepd" the MDT would not come back up. I'm working on adding the callouts back one by one and testing to see if the results are the same with those.

Edit: Nope it's broken again...

Edited by TheCipher01

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

2 hours ago, TheCipher01 said:

Did some more testing, after restarting the server, the MDT would then work again. But if I ran "restart fivepd" or "stop fivepd" then "start fivepd" the MDT would not come back up. I'm working on adding the callouts back one by one and testing to see if the results are the same with those.

Edit: Nope it's broken again...

So does it just break after "restart fivepd" or is it always broken now that you added callouts back?

So does it just break after "restart fivepd" or is it always broken now that you added callouts back?

Had to reinstall it again to get it to work, haven't tried adding any callouts recently.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator

Just an update, it is working again. I have no idea what I did. After who knows how many reinstalls, it just started working again. I'm just going to close this, feel free to move it to solved? I'm not sure if this was truly solved or not.

TheCipher01

Community Administrator