Issue with many callouts (FileNotFoundException) [+Workaround]

Bogi

Hi everyone,

I have an issue when there are too many callouts installed. It does not matter what callouts, the issue starts at just above 20 callouts (varies a bit depending on the callouts).

The issue is probably not with FivePD itself but FiveM, as the log states that certain dlls cannot be found. Also, the issue occurs not every time. Restarting fivepd several times does solve it temporarily ... until the next restart.

This is the error in the client logfile (occurs multiple times with different files):

[ 65469] [GTAProcess] MainThrd/ Could not load assembly CalloutAPI.net - loading exceptions: Exception loading assembly CalloutAPI.net: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file.
[ 65469] [GTAProcess] MainThrd/   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR (System.Int32 errorCode) [0x0000a] in <74fbbe963b7e417b8d715b858c5c584f>:0 
[ 65469] [GTAProcess] MainThrd/   at CitizenFX.Core.InternalManager+DirectScriptHost.OpenHostFileInternal (System.String fileName) [0x00011] in C:\gl\builds\edf06b9b\0\cfx\fivem\code\client\clrcore\InternalManager.cs:621 
[ 65469] [GTAProcess] MainThrd/   at CitizenFX.Core.InternalManager+DirectScriptHost.OpenHostFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in C:\gl\builds\edf06b9b\0\cfx\fivem\code\client\clrcore\InternalManager.cs:607 
[ 65469] [GTAProcess] MainThrd/   at CitizenFX.Core.InternalManager.LoadAssemblyInternal (System.String baseName, System.Boolean useSearchPaths) [0x00075] in C:\gl\builds\edf06b9b\0\cfx\fivem\code\client\clrcore\InternalManager.cs:192 

My guess is some issue with too many or too large dlls (combined).

Searching the forums I found some others with this issue, so I'm wondering if this is common and if there's a better solution than my workaround.

My Workaround:

Merging all the callout dlls into one dll (with ILMerge) seems to work fine.

Click here to get everything you need to merge the callouts yourself

Edited by Bogi
Linked to GPM download section

I need to try this, I was experiencing the same as you. I'll report back how this solution goes for me.

EDIT: This seems to work like butter. Even fixed an issue I had that I could go on duty but not use the duty menu/MDT/... I had to manually restart fivePD in the console. Great work, man!

Edited by SirGerbain

16 minutes ago, SirGerbain said:

Even fixed an issue I had that I could go on duty but not use the duty menu/MDT/

Exactly, forgot to mention that. It does not load any more DLLs after a certain point, not limited to callouts. That's why some FivePD functions are not working as well.

But glad to see that it's working for you as well.

I'll probably upload this workaround to GPM later, so more people with the same issue can find it. I'm just not sure if it's considered a FivePD or GTAV mod ?

This used to fix the issue with 1.0 versions, but with 1.1 the software/work-around doesn't work anymore but the error still exists. I have to restart the plugin FivePD up to like 30 times for it to work for all the online players.

Edited by einschtein
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got an error

Merging dlls ...
An exception occurred during merging:
Unresolved assembly reference not allowed: FivePD.net.
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.GetAssemblyRefIndex(AssemblyNode assembly)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.GetTypeRefIndex(TypeNode type)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.VisitReferencedType(TypeNode type)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.VisitClass(Class Class)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.Visit(Node node)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.VisitModule(Module module)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.SetupMetadataWriter(String debugSymbolsLocation)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.WritePE(Module module, String debugSymbolsLocation, BinaryWriter writer)
   at System.Compiler.Writer.WritePE(String location, Boolean writeDebugSymbols, Module module, Boolean delaySign, String keyFileName, String keyName)
   at System.Compiler.Writer.WritePE(CompilerParameters compilerParameters, Module module)
   at System.Compiler.Module.WriteModule(String location, CompilerParameters options)
   at ILMerging.ILMerge.Merge()
   at ILMerging.ILMerge.Main(String[] args)
0 File(s) copied

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2020 at 2:36 PM, axvczi said:

I got an error

Merging dlls ...
An exception occurred during merging:
Unresolved assembly reference not allowed: FivePD.net.
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.GetAssemblyRefIndex(AssemblyNode assembly)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.GetTypeRefIndex(TypeNode type)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.VisitReferencedType(TypeNode type)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.VisitClass(Class Class)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.Visit(Node node)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.VisitModule(Module module)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.SetupMetadataWriter(String debugSymbolsLocation)
   at System.Compiler.Ir2md.WritePE(Module module, String debugSymbolsLocation, BinaryWriter writer)
   at System.Compiler.Writer.WritePE(String location, Boolean writeDebugSymbols, Module module, Boolean delaySign, String keyFileName, String keyName)
   at System.Compiler.Writer.WritePE(CompilerParameters compilerParameters, Module module)
   at System.Compiler.Module.WriteModule(String location, CompilerParameters options)
   at ILMerging.ILMerge.Merge()
   at ILMerging.ILMerge.Main(String[] args)
0 File(s) copied

Having this same issue ?