FivePD ISN'T working!

regular ryan

Question

This is a fresh install, version 1.0.6. It's simply not working, the loading screen for FivePD loads, but once in game, i spawn random places never in front of PD and F11 doesn't open the menu. Any ideas? Keep in mind this is a fresh install, literally nothing else in server but the FivePD resource. Thanks in advance!

there are no errors. everything is telling me its loading when i press F8. i've made sure all confgs are correct within the json file. database is setup correct. i havent been able to use FivePD since the update, then when i try to uninstall and install a prvious verion, same thing. everything loads but then when in game its not working, it doesnt even say the FivePD logo in upper corner, nothing.

1 hour ago, regular ryan said:

there are no errors. everything is telling me its loading when i press F8. i've made sure all confgs are correct within the json file. database is setup correct. i havent been able to use FivePD since the update, then when i try to uninstall and install a prvious verion, same thing. everything loads but then when in game its not working, it doesnt even say the FivePD logo in upper corner, nothing.

There has to be an error in the main console not F8. Please check there

Make sure config.json is properly setup with the database information. Also make sure you have the fivepd.sql installed correctly to a database and the departments sql file installed to the same database. This should make it work.

9 minutes ago, regular ryan said:

departments sql? i dont believe i get a departments sql in the download, could this by why? i only get the fivepd folder and the fivepd.sql nothing else

departments are included in the fivepd.sql

Try checking console for an error. (Not F8)

when i check the console it says "an error has occured, could not connect to database, an error has occured could not load departments from the database, system index out of range" the it says "unloading fivepd" is there something wrong with the departments perhaps?

1 hour ago, regular ryan said:

when i check the console it says "an error has occured, could not connect to database, an error has occured could not load departments from the database, system index out of range" the it says "unloading fivepd" is there something wrong with the departments perhaps?

That means it can’t connect to the database. Make sure it’s on and the info in the config.json for the database is correct.

what all do i need to go in and edit? because ive edited the confg.json, everything there matches my zap database. so i've changed all this to match my files

"database": {
    "username": "root",
    "password": "",
    "host": "127.0.0.1",
    "port": 3306,
    "database": "fivepd"

is there any other things i need to change in the confg.json file?

then i made sure to change the database name in the fivepd.sql file before i imported it to my zap-hosting database.

am i missing any other steps possibly?

30 minutes ago, regular ryan said:

what all do i need to go in and edit? because ive edited the confg.json, everything there matches my zap database. so i've changed all this to match my files

"username": "root",
    "password": "",
    "host": "127.0.0.1",
    "database": "fivepd"

is there any other things i need to change in the confg.json file?

then i made sure to change the database name in the fivepd.sql file before i imported it to my zap-hosting database.

am i missing any other steps possibly?

So did you change those details to your zap databases?

yes i did, thats what i mentioned, i've already changed that to match everything on my server. this all was working just fine until i attempted to update to the latest version, i did NOTHING other than download new version, completely deleted the old version and jus installed the new verion, so i didnt have to go in and update things 1 at a time. then i did eveyrhting i did the 1st time around, i made sure everything matched and now im getting that "cant connect to database" message. 

23 minutes ago, regular ryan said:

yes i did, thats what i mentioned, i've already changed that to match everything on my server. this all was working just fine until i attempted to update to the latest version, i did NOTHING other than download new version, completely deleted the old version and jus installed the new verion, so i didnt have to go in and update things 1 at a time. then i did eveyrhting i did the 1st time around, i made sure everything matched and now im getting that "cant connect to database" message. 

That means the database is not connecting, which means the details were incorrect. Also make sure you imported the new .sql file.

is there any other way of connecting to the database? every single thing is correct, literally, and i just keep getting the "can not connect to database" message. i cant think of anything else, and like i said i had it working before the update, so i knew how to install it the 1st time lol thats why i dont understand what changed this time thats stopping me from connecting.

ok so i cant create a secondary database and name it fivepd, so i changed the database from fivepd to my databses name, i changed it everywhere it had to be changed as well, do it absouluetly have to be named "fivepd"? because i used this method as a get around before and it worked then too lol unless something changed to where now thats not working anymore, only thing im starting to think of now lol

Just now, regular ryan said:

ok so i cant create a secondary database and name it fivepd, so i changed the database from fivepd to my databses name, i changed it everywhere it had to be changed as well, do it absouluetly have to be named "fivepd"? because i used this method as a get around before and it worked then too lol unless something changed to where now thats not working anymore, only thing im starting to think of now lol

it does not need to be named fivepd

{
    "username": "zap472162-1",
    "password": "*********",
    "host": "88.214.59.20",
    "database": "zap472162-1"
  },

this is what my confg.json file looks like at the top, then in my fivepd.sql i changed where it says Database "fivepd" to "zap472162-1" thats it right?

29 minutes ago, regular ryan said:

An error has occured: Could not load the departments from the database. Message: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. This is the error it reads

Did you import the .sql file