Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gta v newbie

1. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 10:31 PM

Dx4860-ef12p model processor is 2600 graghics card is a amd radeon hd 6670 my comp has a 2tb hard drive

GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 10:31 PM

Yeah, you definitely need to update your game then. Most newer mods, like LCPD:FR, only work on 1.0.7.0, whereas PPM works on some of the older versions. From my experience, the best version is 1.0.4.0, which is also the best one for adding vehicle mods and graphics mods. After that patch, Rockstar Games decided to dump the good shading/lighting system and replaced them with terrible, crappy, poorly-programed BS ones. Not only does this cause the game to look like "ilovepoop," as some users have called it, but it also lags the game A LOT, not to mention crashes it more often too. With 1.0.4.0, I am able to play at constant 60 FPS and no issues; everything looks great. With 1.0.7.0, everything looks like crap, and the FPS drops to 40 all the time.

So it ultimately depends on what you want to do. If you want to play the latest version of LCPD:FR, you will need to patch to version 1.0.7.0. If you don't care what version of LCPD:FR you play, just so long as you can be a police officer (like me), then go for 1.0.4.0. It is simply the best patch.

Originally Posted by brantcountypd
    Dx4860-ef12p model processor is 2600graghics card is a amd radeon hd 6670my comp has a 2tb hard drive
    Good stuff. Should be able to run the game with a police mod and several modded vehicles just fine. Your HDD is not what I'm interested in; rather, you should let me know the amount of your system's RAM.
    Last edited by Foruman; 02-29-2012 at 10:35 PM.

3. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 10:37 PM

okay how do i install the patch do i need any other programs ? and how do i check my Ram?

4. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 10:38 PM

8 gb ddr3 Ram

GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 10:41 PM

okay how do i install the patch do i need any other programs ? and how do i check my Ram?
    OK, after I give you information, please be specific about what you want so that I don't have to guess what you want. I gave you several options. I'll just link you to them and let you decide what you want to do. Install patch 1.0.4.0 OR Install patch 1.0.7.0 (CHOOSE ONE ONLY!). If you plan to mod your game even further, then yes, you will need OpenIV to do that. There are lots of mods on this website. Look at them yourself and decide what looks good for you.

To check your RAM, open Computer, right-click anywhere and press Properties. It will tell you.

8 gb ddr3 Ram
    Good. You can run the mods just fine then.

Lastly, please do not double-post. Instead, edit your previous post to add more information. It makes it easier for me to read your responses, not to mention double-posting is against the rules here. Thanks.
    Last edited by Foruman; 02-29-2012 at 10:49 PM.

6. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Foruman
    OK, after I give you information, please be specific about what you want so that I don't have to guess what you want. I gave you several options. I'll just link you to them and let you decide what you want to do. Install patch 1.0.4.0 OR Install patch 1.0.7.0 (CHOOSE ONE ONLY!). If you plan to mod your game even further, then yes, you will need OpenIV to do that. There are lots of mods on this website. Look at them yourself and decide what looks good for you.

To check your RAM, open Computer, right-click anywhere and press Properties. It will tell you.

Good. You can run the mods just fine then.

Lastly, please do not double-post. Instead, edit your previous post to add more information. It makes it easier for me to read your responses, not to mention double-posting is against the rules here. Thanks.

i picked 1.0.4.0. how do i install it and know if it worked? do i open it or save the file ? also how do i add police officer mod i take it i need to download ivopen to do so. bare with me here im new to pc gaming. do i open or save openiv?

GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 11:01 PM

OK, since you chose that version, you have to pay attention now. There are specific files that work with that version. When you download LCPD:FR, make sure to choose version 0.95 Beta, as that is the only one that I've tested to work almost completely with 1.0.4.0. Also, you will need an older version of scripthook.dll, which can be downloaded here. All of the files I have you, you need to run them and install them, except files that are not .exe files. OpenIV is for making mods to the game files, not for adding the police mods. If you wanted to install custom police cars and replace the ones already in the game, you will have to use that.

Once you install the patch, you are now ready to install a police mod. If you choose LCPD:FR 0.95 Beta, make sure to never play the suicide missions, as they always cause the game to work improperly.

EDIT: The 0.95 Beta is no longer available to download. Thus, I suggest you download 0.91 Stable if you were to use LCPD:FR. Otherwise, you can try PPM if you want, but I have no experience with that. And I think from what I've read, LCPD:FR is the more popular one because it has more features.

IMPORTANT: Also note that the developers of LCPD:FR, G17 Media, is only officially supporting 1.0.7.0, so if you encounter any problems, they will not answer any of your questions at all, and simply tell you to update your game. I will not update mine for the sake of keeping GTA IV running smooth and not crashing. You can feel free to ask me questions, but I'm using 0.95 Beta of LCPD:FR, so I can't tell you much about the 0.91 Stable version.
    Last edited by Foruman; 02-29-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Dhruv's Avatar GPM Senior Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 03-01-2012, 01:37 AM

Sorry,ignore this post.
    \\REMOVED

Nothin to see here!

9. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 03-01-2012, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Foruman
    OK, since you chose that version, you have to pay attention now. There are specific files that work with that version. When you download LCPD:FR, make sure to choose version 0.95 Beta, as that is the only one that I've tested to work almost completely with 1.0.4.0. Also, you will need an older version of scripthook.dll, which can be downloaded here. All of the files I have you, you need to run them and install them, except files that are not .exe files. OpenIV is for making mods to the game files, not for adding the police mods. If you wanted to install custom police cars and replace the ones already in the game, you will have to use that.

Once you install the patch, you are now ready to install a police mod. If you choose LCPD:FR 0.95 Beta, make sure to never play the suicide missions, as they always cause the game to work improperly.

EDIT: The 0.95 Beta is no longer available to download. Thus, I suggest you download 0.91 Stable if you were to use LCPD:FR. Otherwise, you can try PPM if you want, but I have no experience with that. And I think from what I've read, LCPD:FR is the more popular one because it has more features.

IMPORTANT: Also note that the developers of LCPD:FR, G17 Media, is only officially supporting 1.0.7.0, so if you encounter any problems, they will not answer any of your questions at all, and simply tell you to update your game. I will not update mine for the sake of keeping GTA IV running smooth and not crashing. You can feel free to ask me questions, but I'm using 0.95 Beta of LCPD:FR, so I can't tell you much about the 0.91 Stable version.

thanks to ur help i got 0.91 lcpdfr working great now how do i install a modded cvpi ? in to the game they look much better than the ones on gtaIV

GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 03-01-2012, 04:18 PM

thanks to ur help i got 0.91 lcpdfr working great now how do i install a modded cvpi ? in to the game they look much better than the ones on gtaIV
    You're very welcome! Glad to hear that it's working out for you! Enjoy the mod! :)

OK, so now you want to add in modded cars, right? You will need to install OpenIV in that case. Once you've done that, download the CVPI of your choice. Then, look for these two files included: a .wtd, and a .wft file. Both of these need to be added into the game's "vehicles.img" file, which is located in GTA IV/PC/Models/CDImages of your install directory. You should just open up OpenIV and navigate to there. OpenIV should already bring you to the game's directory once it loads, so all you have to do is find the file "vehicles.img." Then, what you want to do is turn on "Edit Mode" so you can modify your file. BE SURE TO BACK UP THE ORIGINAL FILE BEFORE MAKING ANY EDITS TO IT! Now, select the "+" button, which is used to add or replace files in the archive, and choose the new files that you want to add/replace. If you downloaded a CVPI that has files "police.wtd" and "police.wft," then it will replace the car in the "police" slot. You can do this for all police vehicles, which are: police, police2, polpatriot, noose, nstockade, and pstockade. You can rename the files to replace the slots of your choice.

Some recommend not replacing police and police2 because those are spawned by the game most and may cause your game to crash sometimes with ELS enabled (ELS is a mod that makes the police lights look realistic). A solution to that would be to just turn off ELS for the AI so that you game will not crash and you will still have the ability to use the lights on your own car.

Hope all of this information helps! If you are confused at any point, let me know and I'll try to help you out. Happy modding! :)
    Last edited by Foruman; 03-01-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast