Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Getting GTA IV 1.0.4.0 to run with ELS and LCPD:FR

GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Hello All!

I know many have said that this is not possible, but after viewing this YouTube video featuring NeoluxTextures' ENB series, I can see that this is actually quite possible. I don't care much for the enhanced graphics, as I don't want to burn out my graphics card, but I am seeing a 20+ FPS difference when playing 1.0.4.0 vs 1.0.7.0, specifically, 1.0.4.0 can maintain a constant 60 FPS while 1.0.7.0 lags to 40 FPS a lot. Thus, 1.0.4.0 appears to have better performance, as well as stability, since it crashes less often, and so I want to use 1.0.4.0.

I have reinstalled the game from scratch, updated to 1.0.4.0, installed an old 0.4.0 scripthook.dll, and installed ELS and LCPD:FR, but I can't get them to work as well as in the video. My ELS console and map location name will consistently flicker at random times, and LCPD:FR will crash with a CSharp.Engine.Core error. In the log file, it says that attempted to read/write in protected memory, but I am already running as admin. I also notice that this error may be caused by advancedhook.dll rather than scripthook.dll. Does anyone know what the problem is? Anyone also know if any old advancedhook.dll works with 1.0.4.0?

I know people can run the game perfectly fine on 1.0.4.0 with mods. I would appreciate it if someone can make a tutorial, especially Neolux, who can run the game perfectly as proven in the video, on this issue, as it would help a MYRIAD of people in the modding community. Thank you very much!

UPDATE: I've gotten to the point where LCPD:FR 0.95 Beta runs relatively well, with a few exceptions. The game can't spawn guns for the suicide ped, and will consistently spawn police cars until I kill the ped or leave the area. The LCPD:FR console says that the action "SET_PED_WEAPON" isn't found, and then a bunch of police cars spawn in the background. This error appears to be caused by ScriptHook.dll v0.4.0, because the log has a bunch of this particular entry: "[ERROR] Native function named "SET_PED_WEAPON" is not available." Other than that, LCPD:FR seems to work, with pull-overs and arrests working fine. The biggest problem right now is with ELS. Not only are the ELS control console and the street name flickering, but the police blips on the map are flickering too. And I don't know how to solve this problem; it happens on every version of ELS I try. But in Neolux's video above, you can see that his ELS works fine, with none of the problems that I am reporting.
    Last edited by Foruman; 02-26-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Dhruv's Avatar GPM Senior Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 02-26-2012, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Foruman
    Hello All!

I know many have said that this is not possible, but after viewing this YouTube video featuring NeoluxTextures' ENB series, I can see that this is actually quite possible. I don't care much for the enhanced graphics, as I don't want to burn out my graphics card, but I am seeing a 20+ FPS difference when playing 1.0.4.0 vs 1.0.7.0, specifically, 1.0.4.0 can maintain a constant 60 FPS while 1.0.7.0 lags to 40 FPS a lot. Thus, 1.0.4.0 appears to have better performance, as well as stability, since it crashes less often, and so I want to use 1.0.4.0.

I have reinstalled the game from scratch, updated to 1.0.4.0, installed an old 0.4.0 scripthook.dll, and installed ELS and LCPD:FR, but I can't get them to work as well as in the video. My ELS console and map location name will consistently flicker at random times, and LCPD:FR will crash with a CSharp.Engine.Core error. In the log file, it says that attempted to read/write in protected memory, but I am already running as admin. I also notice that this error may be caused by advancedhook.dll rather than scripthook.dll. Does anyone know what the problem is? Anyone also know if any old advancedhook.dll works with 1.0.4.0?

I know people can run the game perfectly fine on 1.0.4.0 with mods. I would appreciate it if someone can make a tutorial, especially Neolux, who can run the game perfectly as proven in the video, on this issue, as it would help a MYRIAD of people in the modding community. Thank you very much!

UPDATE: I've gotten to the point where LCPD:FR 0.95 Beta runs relatively well, with a few exceptions. The game can't spawn guns for the suicide ped, and will consistently spawn police cars until I kill the ped or leave the area. The LCPD:FR console says that the action "SET_PED_WEAPON" isn't found, and then a bunch of police cars spawn in the background. This error appears to be caused by ScriptHook.dll v0.4.0, because the log has a bunch of this particular entry: "[ERROR] Native function named "SET_PED_WEAPON" is not available." Other than that, LCPD:FR seems to work, with pull-overs and arrests working fine. The biggest problem right now is with ELS. Not only are the ELS control console and the street name flickering, but the police blips on the map are flickering too. And I don't know how to solve this problem; it happens on every version of ELS I try. But in Neolux's video above, you can see that his ELS works fine, with none of the problems that I am reporting.
    As far as I know,LCPD:FR 0.95 versions work only fine with 1070 patch only as declared by their officials.And if you're thinking to step down to 0.91,then be acknowledged that they have stopped providing support for it and all the other versions except 0.95.For support,visit http://www.lcpdfr.com/

GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-26-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dhruv
    As far as I know,LCPD:FR 0.95 versions work only fine with 1070 patch only as declared by their officials.And if you're thinking to step down to 0.91,then be acknowledged that they have stopped providing support for it and all the other versions except 0.95.For support,visit http://www.lcpdfr.com/
    I know this, but I'm going to have to break conventions and use 1.0.4.0 with 0.95 Beta because it runs faster and smoother, as well as more stable, than 1.0.7.0. I can say that 0.95 RC2 doesn't work at all, presumably because it uses different memory hacks than 0.95 Beta, hence the crashes I mentioned earlier. But, so far, I am able to play 0.95 Beta with ELS pretty well with 1.0.4.0, aside from the problems I reported above. I only wish that Neolux or someone else who has all the mods working on 1.0.4.0 to post the files they use in the main directory to get it working, as there are far too many different scripthooks.dll, scripthookdotnet.asi, etc. files out there to try them all. If they work for one user, then in theory they should work on mine, especially since I reinstalled the game from scratch.

UPDATE: I think I figured out why it was flickering, lol. I used FRAPS, and can see that my FPS actually went above 60 sometimes, which is also when I see the flashing. I am going to see what I can do about that, because VSync isn't working.
    Last edited by Foruman; 02-26-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Dhruv's Avatar GPM Senior Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 02-26-2012, 08:08 PM

Neolux was on GPM until the last month.I wish he'd see this.

GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-26-2012, 08:25 PM

Yeah, me too. If he or another modder can make a tutorial for this, that would be an important document on this website, considering how many people use 1.0.4.0 just for HD textures alone! I am not using that for the sake of keeping my GPU from frying and for keeping my FPS at around 60, but still 1.0.4.0 is the best one that I've tried.

6. Ridgerunner's Avatar G17 Media Associate
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 02-29-2012, 04:46 AM

Are you using the old scripthook or the new one? Download Simple Native Trainer and you'll see what I'm talking about, I believe you need to use the old scripthook. There is a way to get it to work, but I haven't attempted it personally.

For all of my released textures click the image above

GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ridgerunner
    Are you using the old scripthook or the new one? Download Simple Native Trainer and you'll see what I'm talking about, I believe you need to use the old scripthook. There is a way to get it to work, but I haven't attempted it personally.
    Yes, I have found and am using ScriptHook.dll version 0.4.0, which supports 1.0.4.0. Problem is, it is missing functions that LCPD:FR 0.95 Beta uses. In the log, as I have mentioned, the main problem is no native function called "SET_PED_WEAPON," which I posted above. This only occurs with the suicide missions. All other missions and pull overs work perfectly. Even the word events and arresting works.

Now, 0.95 RC2 is a completely different story. I believe it uses a different advancedhook.dll, and also a different memory hack technique. Thus, when I try it on 1.0.4.0, it loads up correctly, but not any missions. Just arresting someone will cause an error in the CSharp.Core.Engine script and close the game right away. Checking the LCPD:FR error log, it says the error is attempted to read or write in protected memory. As I mentioned previously, I am always running the game as an admin, so I believe that this problem is the result of a new memory hack technique in LCPD:FR 0.95 RC2 that only works with 1.0.7.0, whereas 0.95 Beta uses the method for all the older versions and is almost completely compatible with 1.0.4.0. Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if there is actually a way to get 0.95 RC2 running on 1.0.4.0.

One last time, I want to stress that I'm using 1.0.4.0 not for the graphics mods out there, but for the better performance and overall stability of that patch. I get 20+ increase FPS in 1.0.4.0, and can play at a near constant 60 FPS (except during car chases, of course). Thus, I don't care if I have to use an older LCPD:FR version to play, just as long as I can be a police officer in the game. But, what I'm saying for this topic is that it would be great if there's a way to make the newest LCPD:FR versions work on the patch of GTA IV that works best overall (which is 1.0.4.0). I don't know why anyone would play on 1.0.7.0 anyway, considering Rockstar dumped the good shadows/shading system for a crap one that lowers performance and FPS, not to mention limited modding capabilities and brought other BS into the game that causes it to crash more often.
    Last edited by Foruman; 02-29-2012 at 02:27 PM.

8. G17 Media Associate
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 05:25 PM

I can confirm the latest version of LCPD First Response only works with 1.0.7.0.
    This may change if there's enough demand, and we may expand it to work with 1.0.4.0, although that depends on interest and the amount of time we have.

Jay

GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 02-29-2012, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jaymac407
    I can confirm the latest version of LCPD First Response only works with 1.0.7.0.
    This may change if there's enough demand, and we may expand it to work with 1.0.4.0, although that depends on interest and the amount of time we have.

Jay
    Alright, thank you, Jay, for coming all the way over here from the LCPD:FR forums for the heads up! If you can, please express my feedback to the rest of the G17 Media/LCPD:FR development team, as I'm sure most modders out there would literally kill to have a fully compatible version for 1.0.7.0.

And thank you for making an account just to reply here to my concerns! I really appreciate your hard work for the G17 Media/LCPD:FR development team, and I expecially love playing GTA IV with LCPD:FR!

In the meantime, I'll just stick with the 0.95 Beta version, as it works best with 1.0.4.0 besides that one mission.

Neolux's Avatar GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 03-24-2012, 01:04 PM

I'm back :P. Well sport of anyways, I'm not very active on GPM anymore... just noticed they deleted my thread with all my mods lol :P

Anyways about getting LCPDFR to run on 1.0.4.0 I don't really know how I did it :P
    I once spent 2 days combining scripthooks, dsound.dll's and Xlive's till it worked and I've copy/pasted those files ever since :P
    Think it's mainly in using an older scripthook version to get it to work though.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help to you.

Best of luck,
    Neo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast