1. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 01-14-2012, 07:40 PM

A while back I was looking for a sheriff uniformed ped model but I couldn't find one, I did however find one similar but it was a forestry service or something similar I believe. How hard would it be to change around that ped skin to give it a sheriff's uniform? If anybody knows where I can find an already made sheriff model for GTA IV then that'd be great as well. :-)

2. Ridgerunner's Avatar G17 Media Associate
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-14-2012, 08:07 PM

There has been some sheriff uniforms posted on here before it would depend on what color you're looking for. If you know how to use an photo editting program like Photoshop or GIMP it's quite easy to change the textures. It could be done as easily as adjusting the color settings or by using the color replacement tool and changing the patches. One day we'll have a proper Sheriff model to go with the uniform....

I like ncsflorida's pack here: http://gtapolicemods.com/showthread.php?1012-Liberty-Sheriff-Pack-by-ncsflorida&highlight=ncsflorida
    video by rextex128 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ7A7...eature=related

For all of my released textures click the image above

3. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 01-14-2012, 08:16 PM

Thank you, I have been wanting to get into editing skins on vehicles as well, I just don't know where to begin. I have played around with both Gimp and Photoshop before, is one better than the other for editing skins?

4. Ridgerunner's Avatar G17 Media Associate
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-14-2012, 09:01 PM

Some prefer one over the other. I've tried both and it was just easier using Photoshop. That being said GIMP is free and it's a great program. So whatever you're more comfortable with and have available to you. If you browse the Knowledge Base section you'll find some great tutorials to get you started.

BTW this should have been posted in the Discussion section. Knowledge Base is "the how to/tutorials" for GTA IV

5. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 01-14-2012, 09:11 PM

Sorry about that, I wasn't quite sure, and since I was asking about how to do something I went here, but I'll know from now on.

6. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 01-14-2012, 11:53 PM

Do I need to open the files with SparkIV to edit them?

7. Ridgerunner's Avatar G17 Media Associate
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-14-2012, 11:58 PM

Export using SparkIV, modify your texture, save as png, then import back with SparkIV and save