Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Importing Non-standard DFFs into 3DS Max

  1. #1
    GPM Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    73
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Posted 01-23-2011, 01:41 PM

    I don't know if this is where it would go or not, but I have Kam's GTA scripts for 3DS Max but every time i try to import a Modified(open-model) Car into 3DS Max with the script, it says "this is a Non-standard DFF" and doesn't import it. Can someone help me, i'm a noob a model modding.



    Thank You, E1405



    If this is in the wrong place, will someone put it in the right place please, thanks

  2. BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Posted 01-23-2011, 04:02 PM

    It means its a Zmodeler model and not 3DS.

  3. Rainbow Dash's Avatar A GTA Police Community Founder
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,345
    Downloads
    818
    Uploads
    194
    Images
    81
    Rep Power
    67
    Posted 01-23-2011, 04:16 PM

    it can not be imported.
    Bxbugs123's DownloadsBxbugs123's DeviantartBxbugs123's Youtube

    HighSpeed Design's FounderHighSpeed Design's Founder

  4. #4
    GPM Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    73
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Posted 01-23-2011, 08:07 PM

    So what should I do, Zmodeler won't run on my computer for some reason.

  5. #5
    GPM Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    101
    Downloads
    58
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Posted 01-23-2011, 10:04 PM

    Originally Posted by E1405
    So what should I do, Zmodeler won't run on my computer for some reason.


    pretty much all you can do is find another car for 3ds


  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sunland, CA
    Posts
    645
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    1
    Images
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Posted 01-25-2011, 11:03 AM

    Non-Standard .dff means your car mod was created in Zanoza Modeler 2. To open the model in Autodesk 3D Studio Max you have to first open it in ZM2 and then export it as a .3ds file. Once completed you will have to reset all textures and dummies (as well as resize the car) before it will be recompatible with GTA:SA.

  7. #7
    sameer's Avatar GPM Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mumbai, India.
    Posts
    234
    Downloads
    284
    Uploads
    3
    Images
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Posted 01-27-2011, 11:18 AM

    Originally Posted by Reckless
    Non-Standard .dff means your car mod was created in Zanoza Modeler 2. To open the model in Autodesk 3D Studio Max you have to first open it in ZM2 and then export it as a .3ds file. Once completed you will have to reset all textures and dummies (as well as resize the car) before it will be recompatible with GTA:SA.
    is there any specific tutorial on this?? even i wanna know how to do it exactly!



    "You can live with dignity... but you cant die with it"
    -Dr. Gregory House,M.D., Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital.

  8. #8
    GPM Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    101
    Downloads
    58
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Posted 01-27-2011, 12:36 PM

    Originally Posted by sameer
    is there any specific tutorial on this?? even i wanna know how to do it exactly!


    i dont think theres any tutorials on it, but its a pain in the ass redoing all the textures and dummies and stuff lol. trust me, ive tried


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •