Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EVCS - Emergency Vehicle Control System

1. Grady Featherstone's Avatar Administration
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-28-2013, 10:47 PM

Hey everyone!
    I've decided to create this thread to make it easy to stay updated on EVCS! I will post info and things like screenshots, videos, etc. here!!!!
    Feel free to ask questions! But as I mentioned in the first screenshot release, I'm not going to be releasing all details right away!!!!!!!

Features:
    So starting from the top, there's the Primary Lights toggle! (Currently no patterns except default)
    Then next is the Secondary Lights which you can change directional patterns
    Then there's the siren which is toggleable. Now the way I've tried to set this up, is like a real siren! The siren can be toggled between the default STBY (Standby) mode and HF (Hands Free). Now there is a MAN (Manual) button, which is the middle mouse button! When the siren mode is on STBY, and you press the MAN key, it will pause the siren and sound the airhorn. When the siren is in HF mode, it will toggle through each siren, and also to an AUTO siren at the end which means you don't have to change the sirens yourself, they'll auto change in random patterns!
    Now the last two items on the menu are a couple things that I thought would be good for a new System for Emergency Vehicles in GTA IV! CMPNTS stands for Components. I've decided to put extras back to what they were originally meant for, and that is car components! Developers will be able to make certain things of their vehicles toggleable by the player in game. Now what's the point of that? Well, as I will probably make a video soon, with my demo vehicle, I made the pushbar an extra, I made the pushbar wrap around section another extra within that, and I also made the spotlight an extra! This means that players can customise the vehicle to how they would like it! If I don't want to use the pushbar for a little while, I can simply turn it off! Same with the spotlight! This gives players a little more customisation with the vehicle they're using, and also gives developers a bit of freedom when creating their cars!
    The last bit on the menu, is LIV, which means Livery. I've added in a livery changer, that if multiple liveries are enabled on the vehicle, the player can change the liveries through the EVCS menu!!!

Last edited by Grady Featherstone; 04-02-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Dhruv's Avatar GPM Senior Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-28-2013, 11:22 PM

So, those lights we see in the screenshots- are they dummies or extras? Or something which is neither one?

3. Grady Featherstone's Avatar Administration
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-28-2013, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dhruv
    So, those lights we see in the screenshots- are they dummies or extras? Or something which is neither one?
    This new system has nothing to do with dummies or extras or the vehicle model, the lighting is done through the script! The thing that might get a few people is that you will have to specify coordinates in a .ini file, but, I'm planning to also make a Developer's Toolkit, which will allow you to go in game, and actually position a light on the vehicle in question, and the toolkit will give you the X, Y and Z values!!!

Ekalb's Avatar GPM Senior Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 01-28-2013, 11:57 PM

So it'll be like the illumination mod? That's still cool.

And it'll use coronas?

Does this mean we can't have secondary lights (like messageboards) or wigwagging headlights/indicators?

Can have it so the lights (and sirens) activate simultaneously with the press of the siren key?

Very exciting, looks really good too.

5. GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted 01-28-2013, 11:59 PM

Ooohh Exciting stuff =)

6. Grady Featherstone's Avatar Administration
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-29-2013, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ekalb
    So it'll be like the illumination mod? That's still cool.

And it'll use coronas?

Does this mean we can't have secondary lights (like messageboards) or wigwagging headlights/indicators?

Can have it so the lights (and sirens) activate simultaneously with the press of the siren key?

Very exciting, looks really good too.
    Yes, it does use coronas, and yes, that does mean that messageboards won't be able to flash, but you could always setup the message board with an emissive texture for it to stay illuminated all the time I guess... At the moment, I have it set up so that the headlights flash together... The headlight/indicator portion will be using the same method as my Headlight Flasher mod, so, at the moment, I'm unable to make the headlights/indicators wig wag, but, on the bright side, you could always use the coronas for the wig wags for the time being!!!!!

Originally Posted by randomizer
    Ooohh Exciting stuff =)
    Hehe!!! :D

Dhruv's Avatar GPM Senior Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-29-2013, 06:35 AM

Thats awesome. So, the script does the lighting? Okay, but obviosuly, it has got to use something from the game to use as "lights". I can't imagine the script producing its own lights. Am I right, Grady?

8. GPM Senior Member
    Budapest, Hungary, Europe, Planet Earth, Milky Way
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-29-2013, 07:26 AM

Please make that headlight thing optional. I don't want my headlights to turn on at daytime. I'd rather just map some white lights to the headlights and use those as wig-wag. What about patterns?

ivanh's Avatar GPM Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-29-2013, 08:53 AM

One last question Grady. Will it support added vehicles in the future? xD I don't have any space left for more emergency vehicles.
    IV ped, vehicle modeler
    AND
    Beginner at Scratch Modeling

10. Grady Featherstone's Avatar Administration
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Posted 01-29-2013, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dhruv
    Thats awesome. So, the script does the lighting? Okay, but obviosuly, it has got to use something from the game to use as "lights". I can't imagine the script producing its own lights. Am I right, Grady?
    The script creates the lights by drawing Coronas!!!!!

Originally Posted by Sgt.Kanyo
    Please make that headlight thing optional. I don't want my headlights to turn on at daytime. I'd rather just map some white lights to the headlights and use those as wig-wag. What about patterns?
    Yeah, the headlight and indicator flashers are optional! You can set them in the .ini file!!!!! Patterns, three patterns for secondary, (direct traffic out, left or right!), and one set pattern for primary at the moment! I did this as I wanted to try and keep the realism, but I'm guessing people are just gonna want to have multiple patterns!!!!

Originally Posted by ivanh
    One last question Grady. Will it support added vehicles in the future? xD I don't have any space left for more emergency vehicles.
    I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking.... :/
    Do you mean like, add lights to random cars in game?

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast